• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech tank - Tips of leaves dark green - Java Fern

sr20det

As title really, dont really dose ferts until recently. To avoid deficiencies, I dose API Leaf Contains chelated iron and potassium only I beleive) and Seachem phospherous, but still got dark green tips of leaves on my Java ferns?

Am I lacking another fert of some kind?

Water change once a week with London tap water packed full of solids as is.

Light is LED low power jobbie. Light is on about 8-9 hours a day?

BigTom said:
Pretty sure they're just the leaf growth zones, they often appear darker on my ferns.

Not sure, could well be, they are lot darker, and nearly see through, wheras the rest is nice thick and green hence thinking it was maybe a defiency.

Should really get a pic.

rimimik said:
HI, Friend's
I full agree with you.
"BigTom"

Yeah, dark green and slightly transparent java fern tips has always been a sign of leaf growth in my low tech tanks. 99.9% sure I wouldn't worry about it.

You gonna be selling kitchens shortly? A lot of 'I full agree with you' on a load of posts. :rolleyes:

sr20det said:
rimimik said:
HI, Friend's
I full agree with you.
"BigTom"

Yeah, dark green and slightly transparent java fern tips has always been a sign of leaf growth in my low tech tanks. 99.9% sure I wouldn't worry about it.

You gonna be selling kitchens shortly? A lot of 'I full agree with you' on a load of posts. :rolleyes:

Nice to be agreed with though :lol:

BigTom said:
sr20det said:
rimimik said:
HI, Friend's
I full agree with you.
"BigTom"

Nice to be agreed with though :lol:

Haha, guess so.

I could post 'My balls are choc flavoured' and I reckon he would have agreed :lol: .

I think the chap has something to sell, and it just posting to get to 25, lol. By the English, must be far east I am guessing, lol

Back