• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Loz's Pond - lot's of pics

Lozbug

Okay thought I’d share some pic's of my pond's

The first pond is approx 4000 gal's with 2 small streams, running a large box style filter/UV - will be upgraded next year. This pond also has a plant nursery the filter outlets - 1 runs direct back to pond and the other via the plant nursery (so kinda filter there). The pond houses varieties of goldfish, Shubunkin etc and Tench. plants include lily’s, water cress, spearwort, marsh marigold etc.

Some from day one, back in 12 March 2005 running up to this summer.

Pond1203052.jpg

Pond1403055.jpg

pond1903051.jpg

pond250305.jpg

pond270305.jpg

pond100405.jpg

plant nursery
pond1604057.jpg

pond2304051.jpg

Good job Loz. Looks like it'll develop into a really great pond when the plants fill in. You've plenty of room to expand it too by the look of things when you decide this isn't big enough (ponds are just like tanks only way more work to upgrade!!!!!)

A little tip to hide the liner in your header pool and cascade is to stack rocks up, like the outside of your pond, inside the pool to form a false wall in front of the liner. Is that clear??? You can stick them together if they are a little wobbly!
If you leave liner exposed above water it can deteriorate more quickly.

the following year, may 06 ish.

pond1806055.jpg

pond1806056.jpg

traffic cone was to hold up net! we had a heron scare....
3may0620.jpg

3may0625.jpg

2006 winter
nov054.jpg

eds said:
Good job Loz. Looks like it'll develop into a really great pond when the plants fill in. You've plenty of room to expand it too by the look of things when you decide this isn't big enough (ponds are just like tanks only way more work to upgrade!!!!!)

A little tip to hide the liner in your header pool and cascade is to stack rocks up, like the outside of your pond, inside the pool to form a false wall in front of the liner. Is that clear??? You can stick them together if they are a little wobbly!
If you leave liner exposed above water it can deteriorate more quickly.

Thanks, it's grown on lots since those pics (pc went v.slow for min so couldnt get the other pics up)

got what ya mean about liner, the nursery needs re-doing as it was kinda rushed. thx for tip. :)

and the most recent of this pond.
5auggardenandpond8.jpg

5auggardenandpond13.jpg

20oct0714.jpg

and now pond 2! this one is 6000 gals approx, running a ''home made'' filter set up. mostly koi but few stary goldfish and tench - as we had mini crisis in pond 1. this was only put in earlier this year, and the poor summer we had - hasnt come on as fast as i had hoped, so still fair bit of work to do. but it's getting there..... has bullrush, iris, water hawthorn, and a bog garden, it is sited opposite pond 1

pond2day116.jpg

day38.jpg

PIC_0009.jpg

PIC_0003.jpg

5auggardenandpond1.jpg

5auggardenandpond4.jpg

20oct0711.jpg

20oct0713.jpg

and thats it for now lol

eds said:
Great piccies! Didn't realise that it was a year or so ago!

cheers :) yup pond one began 2005, pond two 2007.

Now that's what I call a pond! You have to be able to stand in the bottom of it and barely see out! I'm 6'2" and only the top of my head would stay dry if I was standing in it!!!!

They both look great Lozbug.

what an amazing project Loz, really really lovely too!! im a gardening fanatic too, wish I had space for something like that here.

keep us upto date on pics as it grows up? id be facinated to see it :) as im sure everyone would

cheers :)

pond 2 has like 3 main depths, 2ft, 4ft and 5ft.

still lots to do, but gettin there!

Frolicsome_Flora said:
what an amazing project Loz, really really lovely too!! im a gardening fanatic too, wish I had space for something like that here.

keep us upto date on pics as it grows up? id be facinated to see it :) as im sure everyone would

Cheers Matt. Will do. :) we are very lucky as we moved here to run a farm, but with one thing and another stopped, so now the fram buildings and land are used by next farm up (for dairy herd) and we have the gardens etc. So about an acre of just garden for us! So what better to fill it with lol

i've been told 'just the 2 and no more' but gimme couple of years lol

I'll get some up to date pics soon, aahhh memories look back! Pond 2 is still not cmplete due to life and bad weather past couple summers! hopefully this year will be the year to finish it

the cone has now departed the garden.... lol

Rusbbish weather today, maybe i'll wait till weekend.

Yeh it is very nice :)

second pond needs fair bit of work still..

Back