• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia losing chlorophyll

In my experience, on the contrary. It will kill it and clear the rock in a few days. The trick is to keep it from coming back. But your probably right, I have my Twinstar at 100 for several hours but I do that to get the bright reds out of my Ludwigia, rotala, and limnophila aromatica.

If it’s reacting well to glut spot dosing it’s likely GDA rather than GSA. Does it come off the rocks easily with a toothbrush? If so it’s GDA, GSA usually need a bit more persuasion, like a metal brush.

If it’s reacting well to glut spot dosing it’s likely GDA rather than GSA. Does it come off the rocks easily with a toothbrush? If so it’s GDA, GSA usually need a bit more persuasion, like a metal brush.
No, excuse my French, but it’s a real “female dog” of a process scrubbing it off. I usually scrub first, and whatever is left I hit with Excel. But yes it really does kill the GSA.

No, excuse my French, but it’s a real “female dog” of a process scrubbing it off. I usually scrub first, and whatever is left I hit with Excel. But yes it really does kill the GSA.
Apologies for resurrecting an old post but what happened to your ludwigia in the end? I'm experiencing the same issue and I never dosed excel.

Can’t say I ever got a definitive answer, but my strongest guess was some sort of imbalance. I’ve noticed that it can be a very temperamental plant when you grow it high tech, and the plant for sure loves the unobstructed light My tank has since been rescaped and not met my standards so it’s really just in survival mode at the moment. I’m keeping plants alive and that’s it, no co2 and very Minimal dosing if any. I have Ludwigia Rubin and ovalis and both are still growing. Not nearly as vibrant, but growing and healthy under my Twinstar S at half power for 6 hours a day.

Back