• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia palustris Potential Issue

Chris PP

Hi all, as a total newbie I was hoping someone could help me with my query. My newly planted Ludwigia palustris looks like it’s either benefiting from the co2 and light or is potentially dying ? It’s seems to be going redder but patchy ? Is this normal as I read somewhere it becomes more red intense with better light and co2. Am I just panicking ?
Thanks Chris
0575B541-18E9-46DB-9DC8-40331D093978.jpeg
image.jpg

Is it a true colour of your salvinia (slightly grayish) and anubias which is bright green? That's probably not enough Nitrogen in the water column.

Is it a true colour of your salvinia (slightly grayish) and anubias which is bright green? That's probably not enough Nitrogen in the water column.
That’s interesting, I’ll have to look at my TNC dosing to see if I am doing it correctly.
Many thanks for your thoughts Chris

I don't think it's getting enough light.

I've only got the green colours when it's been shaded near the substrate.
Um, I have a Twinstar 600e on from 8.00am until 8.00pm but only at 100% for 4 hours. Then either a gradual increase or deduction from or to 5%. Do you think I should increase the 100% a little more ?
Thanks for your help ! Chris

Um, I have a Twinstar 600e on from 8.00am until 8.00pm but only at 100% for 4 hours. Then either a gradual increase or deduction from or to 5%. Do you think I should increase the 100% a little more ?
Thanks for your help ! Chris

Sorry Chris I don't know enough about the Twinstar to comment. I will say in my tank when I increased my light intensity and removed shading I stopped getting green in Ludwigia Super Red, which I think is essentially the same plant as yours.

Sorry Chris I don't know enough about the Twinstar to comment. I will say in my tank when I increased my light intensity and removed shading I stopped getting green in Ludwigia Super Red, which I think is essentially the same plant as yours.
Hi Nick, not going to hurt by increasing the light intensity. I’ll try that. Thanks again Chris

Back