• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia repens 'Rubin' not rooting

noodlesuk

Hi

I've been trying to grow Ludwigia repens, which seems to be producing new leaves, but the old ones seem to be yellowing at the tips, then turning black. I also have to keep re-inserting the stems in my substrate as the bottoms seem to be rotting and then the stem pulls out. It just doesn't seem to want to take root and get going. It is located in the corner of the tank, just below the filter outlet, so probably doesn't get much flow from the outlet, but should see some as water passes into the inlet. Looking at plant deficiency chart, looks like possible Nitrogen deficiency? Should I increase the ferts?

Tank is a 20L, 1mL liquid CO2 daily, 6hr lighting period, 1mL TNC daily, quite heavily planted, internal filter. Tropica soil capped with small gravel.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_124017202_2.jpg
    IMG_20201011_124017202_2.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 248
Based on my experience, ludwigia does not like the corner of the tank unless it’s at the top of the water and getting good light. I’ve always had the same issues you are having, which I think is lack of flow, light, and CO2 availability. If you can move it somewhere else where it can get better access to all those it should perk up. That also looks like it’s emersed state which means now more than ever does it need the best environment possible. I would maybe even leave it floating for a week or two so it can’t start to transition and develop roots.

Based on my experience, ludwigia does not like the corner of the tank unless it’s at the top of the water and getting good light. I’ve always had the same issues you are having, which I think is lack of flow, light, and CO2 availability. If you can move it somewhere else where it can get better access to all those it should perk up. That also looks like it’s emersed state which means now more than ever does it need the best environment possible. I would maybe even leave it floating for a week or two so it can’t start to transition and develop roots.

Thanks for the pointers, will leave the stems floating and see if roots appear and try a different location in the tank.

Back