• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia repens

firstman

I have a problem. I just bought 2 Ludwigia repens from the internet and they arrived Monday w/ other plants ordered. Today ,being Thursday, they have all but completely died :( . The stems are rotting from the bottom up except for one stem holding on for dear life. The Rotala Marcandra I ordered is doing the same thing except for 2 stems trying to make it. I have a 40 gallon w/ 130 watts 6,700k and 10,000k Sunpaq bulbs. My GH is 3*, KH is 3*, pH 6.8, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0-10 ppm, CO2 about 22 ppm. I use the full line of Seachem Fert products and dose according to their dosing chart supplied on their site. I know that plants will shock when introduced, but the stems don't turn to 'mush'. :? Any ideas.

Hi,
Try lowering the lighting and adding more CO2. Rotting is usually a result of poor CO2.

Cheers,

It could just be that they were damaged before you got them. If the stems get bruised then bacteria can get in and rot them. If you have some tops that look OK then cut them off to stop the bacteria from travelling up the stem and throw away the bottom part.

I've got some Red Ludwigia, L. mullertii, you can have soon if you want some. I've just finished a major prune though so it'll be a couple of weeks before I can spare any.

Back