• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Luminaire finally arrived! Yay!

Steve Smith

Postie turned up at the door at 8am this morning with my eBay purchase - an 80cm 4x 24w T5 Arcadia luminaire! Whilst at the Festival of Fishkeeping I got carried away in the B&B room after getting an internet connection sorted out. I was very please to score it for £50! Had to pay £15 postage, but it was still cheap really.

Anyhow, looks in reasonable condition. It had two "2 week old" marine 10,000K tubes and two 6 month old actinics. I already had replacement tubes waiting :lol: I have two Philips 865 65000K daylight and two 865 65000k Sylvania tubes in it. They look to be really bright, but I didn't have time to check it out too much.

Just need to give it a clean up and get it mounted on my 80cm tank now :)

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.

Only downside was the amount of time it's taken to get to me. Few issues initially, till I figured out they didn't take paypal. Then had to post a cheque, wait for that to clear and finally they posted on Tuesday or yesterday.

Lucky you,seen the price of the new ones.Just had a quick squinty and if anyone's interested,there's one finishing in a couple of hours still pretty cheap too.(fleabay).

stuworrall said:
ah that one, i was watching for a while as it had been listed previously at £50 and didnt sell. They didnt take paypal though so I bottled out as it looked a bit dodgy! glad it turned out ok for you :)

Yeah, I only noticed that after I'd bought it. It said paypal on the gumph at the bottom, but they'd stuck it right at the end of the listing. Cheque wasn't a problem though :)

Also thought their feedback was a bit dodgy, but on reading through the negative feedback they had it didn't seem to be their fault generally so I was confident :)

George, having seen the OT2's at TGM and the one John has just got, they're super sexy! Very low profile. Not sure on the electronics side if they've changed anything? I would assume so but I've not read up on them, seeing as this is my first arcadia luminaire :lol:

I hope to have this set up on my crappy 80cm in the next few months. Got the Aquasoil Amazonia waiting, along with a nice bit of redmoor, and some landscape stone too :) I'm not going to start on this for maybe a month or so.

It's running fine, no probs thankfully. The tubes I bought seem to be quite nice too. It's odd though, it doesn't look as bright as my 2x18w T8 weirdly. I know it is brighter but it's just the way the light is spread differently I guess :)

I just bought another one! :D Just scored a Silver Sun 3x24w T5 (80cm) on Aquarist Classifieds. Hoping it'll be here for Friday. Comes with a hanging kit with hooks, so should go over my 90cm hooked onto the shelf above it (very secure shelf).

100462.jpg

Back