• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

luminaires

Nick16

hi, where is the cheapest place for these.
i need a 100cm and 120cm ones.

i heard you can get chinese ones instead of the expensive arcadia ones?

cheers :)

altaaffe

I bought mine a while ago from a German company, but I wouldn't go chinese. The light fittings that came with my large tank (which is Chinese made) were awful and forever breaking down, eventually I binned them for the German overheads.

Daryn

Ive got a Bio-Pur, German or Dutch i think, cant really fault it other than the reflector design is a bit basic, its got 3 T5 tubes and only cost me 40 pounds for a 2 foot one from e-bay. Best bargain ive ever found i think.

Nick16

Daryn said:
Ive got a Bio-Pur, German or Dutch i think, cant really fault it other than the reflector design is a bit basic, its got 3 T5 tubes and only cost me 40 pounds for a 2 foot one from e-bay. Best bargain ive ever found i think.
do you have a link for any?

Nick16

i still think £150 for a 4ft one is not cheap, i might wait and see if any second hand ones pop up.

Nick16

i have but there arent any that cheap also no 3x54w, they are 4x39w nd thats overkill for me, unless i could use one or two. also i have seen some bad reviews about that comapny. (???)

Nick16

it isnt bright enough 4x39w ones will be better. i need it to be over 120w in total. i might wait for a second hand one though.

Nick16

ah maybe that will be fine then, if i had the 4x39w i would only run 3 so it makes more sense to run the just the 2 54w.
i just dont really want to spend more that £80 on a luminaire really.

Nick16

yeah, being a skint student i want everything but really cheap so i shop around for ages! its tiresome! :lol: