• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lump on Rasbora head

Fred Dulley

Morning guys,

I picked up 8 Mosquito/Dwarf Rasbora (they were in same tank at LFS) on Saturday. Drip acclimatised for 1.5 hours. Tank is near 4 months old and heavily planted with external filter. Temp 26degC.

All but 1 were happily swimming around. I kept an eye on it but decided to leave him be in case I stressed it out even more. It still had its colour and nothing appeared obviously wrong except resting on the bottom.

Yesterday I could only spot 5 swimming about. I lost track of the poorly one from the day before.

1 was in the grass who looked lifeless but colourful. I decided to keep him in a net within the tank. Occasional yesterday he would freak out and dart around the net before lying on his side. I turned the light off to try calm him.

Ammonia “0” and nitrite “0”. Just in case I dosed an anti bacterial medication.

This morning I am faced with this on the fish. Never seen this personally before. Any idea what it could be? Ulcer?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
IMG-20200622-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0007.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have 6 that are happily swimming together....more than ever now that I have trimmed my stem plants.

Fingers crossed they'll be ok.

I've been dosing an anti-bacterial but not the anti-parasite because it contains copper and would kill my nerite snails.

I can always adjust and act accordingly to any changes.

Back