• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lunapet 'refillable' cyclinders

brian68

Seedling
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anybody know where you can refill the cylinders that you get with the German 'Lunapet' system - links to it seem to have been posted before :) .

If not, does anybody know if the reg will fit other cylinders (or such as FE's)?

Thanks for reading!

brian68 said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anybody know where you can refill the cylinders that you get with the German 'Lunapet' system - links to it seem to have been posted before :) .

If not, does anybody know if the reg will fit other cylinders (or such as FE's)?

Thanks for reading!

what sort of fittings does this come with? Maybe a pic will help us to give you an answer :)

I purchased an FE for my lunapet kit, haven't tried it as the 2kg bottle that came with it still running strong, but from what I read from other people it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure what the fittings are, to be honest I'm looking around for a new system and have seen this one on e-bay. It looks quite good to me, although I was just wondering whether or not you could attach bottles such as FE's or Calor. It seems to me that the bottle you get with it (either 500g or 2kg might end up being totally useless as many places seem to refuse to re-fill your bottle unless you got it from them..?

I could be wrong on all this, I am a bit of newbie and trying to work out how everything fits together!

The regs sold by Lunapet will fit very well on a FE. As to getting the bottle refilled, no idea as not tried with mine.

Oh and the fittings on the 500g bottle are pretty much identical to the ones I have seen on other 500g refillable bottles, with the valve tap thing on top and a nice metal handle bolted on. Thread is the usual industry standard fair, identical to what you find on CO2 fire extinguishers.

Ade

PS. One quick note, I found that when I attached the solenoid directly to the regulator it leaked badly, no matter how tight it was etc. Put it inline instead and leak free. So if you do get one of these I wouldn't bother trying to attach it directly to the needle valve.

Back