• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mac problem. 'Kernal panic' HELP.

Graeme Edwards

Founder
Any one privy with a Mac???

Recently, for no reasons and when watching vids on youtube and when editing images I get this 'Kernal panic' and the Mac wont let me do anything other than switch it off. Obviously, I lose anything im working on and have to reboot again.

Here is what Mac say http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392

Ive tried to follow what they suggest about figuring out what might be causing it. I checked and updated all my Mac bits and it seemed ok. But this morning on youtube it crashed again.

Any ideas what I should do?

Should I find some virus software to scan on the Mac? Dan says you dont need any?

What the hell do I do to stop it happening.

The only possible reasons I can think of is a virus, but then im a new mac user.
Other possible reasons is I dragged and dropped a file in In Design but it didnt load up, It did nothing, so I dragged ad dropped into PS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I actually love it when macs go wrong, Buy a mac, they just work! :twisted:

Sorry to hear it's yours, hope you can get any lost data back.

It might help if you could tell us what version of Mac OSX you're running.

Also, as it' seems to be related to videos I would look at going to Adobe's site and re-installing Flash.

Mark

I cant even do that. I ran applejack, which found a file error, but couldnt fix it. Which means, now i cant even boot it up. Im going to have to send it off. I have no clue with Mac's.

Cheers.

Graeme Edwards said:
I cant even do that. I ran applejack, which found a file error, but couldnt fix it. Which means, now i cant even boot it up. Im going to have to send it off. I have no clue with Mac's.

Cheers.

Have you got the installation disks that came with it?

Back