• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

MAD QUESTION... LISTEN UP

fleabilly

Good evening
I just moved and now my fish live on the 1st floor.
I have a water but on the ground floor.
The tank is roughly 13 meters from the but.
I bought 15 meters of hose.
Basically I want to fill my tank with collected rain water and need a pump that I can hook up to transfer the water up one floor, and i don't want to spend a ton.
What is the smallest (LPH) that I need to do the job?

Cheers

R

In my spare time...

I think the only punp thats going to have that amount of grunt is going to be a central heating pump, foxfish might be the man for this question, hes clued up on them :)

Not a hope with a CH pump... 13m would require a high power pressure pump not a circulation pump.
Plenty available but defiantly not cheap, I would look for a submersible pond pump but you would probably need at lease 750 watt pump to reach that height.
However I am not that knowledgeable on small flow, high pressure pumps....there could be something out there?

I have seen the Hozelock pressure pump in a local store, looks great, weighs a ton! I wonder what the power drain is .. at least 550w I would guess?
From my experience most pumps are overrated & don't forget the max head means zero flow at that head, so there wont be much at all at a few meters less than max. Still both those options look promising.

Hozelock Ultra pump is around £90. £90 buys 26,000 litres from Southern water @ £3.40 per 1000litres. (£1.20 for 1000litres water and £2.20 for waste).

Back