• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Magnetic plant hangers?

Rasmusm

Hi all :)

I was looking for 2 of these:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133631
For my tank, cant find them. Only in UK and im from Denmark. I've emailed a seller on ebay about shipping to denmark, but no answer :-/

I would love to try a few riparium plants for my setup :)!
Currently looking a bit wild/messy..
20140607_215640.jpg

20140606_093856.jpg

As you can see the kessil a150w is doing an amazing job!!
20140603_172516.jpg

But if anyone happen to know where I can find them or have a couple laying around they don't need let me know :)

Also what kind of substrate would you advice me to use. I think normal fine gravel with clay would make a mess?

Have a good weekend all!

From Rasmus
Denmark

Hi all,
Brilliant tank, the flowering Echinodorus is fantastic.

I think we have a thread a while ago from "Hydrophyte" (he is also a member of UKAPS) about trying to get "Riparium Supplies" products to the UK, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

Could you use stainless-steel hooks? that hook into to basket and over the aquarium frame?

cheers Darrel

Very nice, I miss my big emergent Echinodorus.

No idea about magnetic hangers but Darrel's suggestion is a good one, or you can get shower caddies with suction pads on them, although they can be a bit prone to slipping down the glass if they have a lot of weight in them.

I just used hydroton in mine (capped with small stones) but any coarse substrate will do really.

I think we have a thread a while ago from "Hydrophyte" (he is also a member of UKAPS) about trying to get "Riparium Supplies" products to the UK, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

He delivers to Europe if one wants to pay the price for delivery. He is very helpful too if you e-mail. I bought my planters from his online shop rippariumsupply.com. They come with very good suction cups too and plants don't slip down, at least I haven't had a problem with very large plants.
But the shower caddies with proper suction cups should work too.

Yea Echinodorus Altlandsberg its a wonderfull plant :) the 2 other is yellow sun and chrellini I think, just noticed today my yellow sun shooting out a flower stem now :) The stainless steel hooks was a good idea actually

I googled riparium supplies and found the site :) thanks! Will email him later.

Humidity isnt a issue here :) I dont spray or mist em with anything, but it took some leafes to get use to the humidity, the first ones just dryed out. The oldest leafes are about a months old maybe more they are in brilliant condition still :)!

Neodymium magnets are usually supplied already protected, most often by nickel plating. Otherwise they corrode rapidly in air as well as underwater.

You could use Tunze nano magnet holders (6025.500).
Then you could use any container you like.
Tunze also do a Mangrove box (3178.000) but not clear/glass and much more expensive!

Last edited:
Or knock something together using some form of magnetic coral frag rack

Back