• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Magpie's 'Learning Curve' 90 x 75 updated 14/7 pics

You've seen that DSM is the future 8)

Looking great, thats some serious HC growth. It's nice another optiwhite ADA style setup being used for low-tech.

What species of moss is that you have on the rocks? Just had an idea after looking that you could also add the 'petite' version in addition to the standard Anubias nana to add another variation in leaf size.

How long is your lighting running for?

[edit] sorry just realised I repeated Garufs question on the lighting :oops:

OK - this is fast because I'm half an hour past ETA for leaving (blackpool, library reading, bizarre, but apparently worth the drive...)

Lights on the big tank - 4 x 39W T5s - two Grolux and two others that I can't remember just now but were recommended on James' Planted Tank blog - got them from Lap Spec

Empty volume is 342 litres or thereabouts - when full, taking into account the substrate, it'll be about 250 litres and I'll cut right back and have some floating plants - currently on 12 hours a day, tho' I sometimes extend in the evening 'cos it's such a good reading light (!)

Small tank -its the 18 W clip on that came with it - empty volume is 40 litres, full will be about 32 - again currently on 12 hours tho' there's a lot of incident light from the window - north facing, so no direct sun, but it's strong just now.

and yes - dwarf anubias - good idea - I love these - they're a 'gold' version and two are flowering. Moss - can't remember taxohyullum and the two vessicularia that Tropica do - need more, but I think it prefers submerse, so I might wait - planning a lot more stone at the sand/substrate margins - and maybe riccia if it'll survive low tech

thanks, all - back tomorrow

m

Yeah, Anubias Nana Bonsai would be a great addition :)

Not sure about the HC in low tech conditions though... usually adores high co2 and generous levels of light, same with submerged riccia.

OMG thats so cool, so so cool, i'm well jealous and truly impressed, RESPECT!

Re: Magpie's 'Learning Curve' 90 x 75 opti-white

magpie said:
The good bit, though, is the Hc on the right - it's almost a complete carpet

Low tech HC carpet...
Awesome! :clap:

Back