• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Maidenhead Aquatics @ Wheatley, Oxford

Themuleous

Hi All,

Just letting you know there is an opening evening (if that's the right term?) this Friday, starting at 5:30. Various demonstrations, one being a planted tank setup, which should be interesting. I talk to them about plants a bit but nothing in depth, so we'll see!!! I'll try and get in some plugs for the forum ;)

I'll be there, let me know if you are gonna come and I'll keep my eye out, although I appreciated this is sort notice and its not 100% plant related :)

Sam

I'll be there with my baby in the backpack if anyone interested meeting me :) (I should be characteristic enough)

I was there. from 5pm to 6pm (as my daughter started to protest). I heard that someone would show planting the aquarium, but I've got the feeling it was more about the plants. Food wasn't bad thought!

Sorry I forgot to update this.

Well I turned up around 5:45pm and promptly got asked if I wanted to do the planted demonstration! After three more requests I gave in, so I ended up giving a short (but hopefully useful) talk on plants! I did scape a very small (around 20lt) tank but not having had the time to think it through it wasn't all that great. Im hoping to talk them into letting me scape on of the shop tanks, Saintly style, that would be quality :D

I also managed to get a good few plugs in for the forum and chatted to one guy for a good while about planted tanks. Didn't get his name but he seemed very keen to look at the forum :)

Sam

Fair play Sam, that must have been tough :oops:

Back