• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mail order fish?

rudirudi

I live in Suffolk,there are one or two shops local which I visit but I tend to travel further afield to some of the bigger retailers,I have found that most of the shops I go to,which are in Essex and Cambridgshire seem to stock mainly bread and butter fish,you occassionally find something interesting but have to trawl round many shops before doing so.I am currently setting up an Amazonian tank and would like to find some wild caught dwarf cichlids and unusual cories and L numbers,the only places I have found them is in mail order stores,has anyone used this source,if you have could you tell me of your experience with them and which shop did you use,maybe you could recommend a good outlet.

Cheers

Rudi

Kesgrave is just up the road and have used them in the past,they do get some interesting fish in there,i want wild caught fish because the colours tend to be more vivid,i will eventually try to breed dwarf cichlids and hopefully cardinal tetras,and would like them to be wild caught,so any feedback on mail order fish would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rudi

rudirudi said:
Kesgrave is just up the road and have used them in the past,they do get some interesting fish in there,i want wild caught fish because the colours tend to be more vivid,i will eventually try to breed dwarf cichlids and hopefully cardinal tetras,and would like them to be wild caught,so any feedback on mail order fish would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rudi

hi Rudi
http://shop.sweetknowleaquatics.co.uk/epages/246260.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/246260/Categories

ive only ordered from them twice but the fish arrived in perfect condition and very well packed they seemed helpful on the phone as well. they do have wild caught.

michael

Cheers Michael, they do have a good selection of fish,once my tank has matured I will see what fish they have in stock.

Cheers
Rudi

I've heard lots of good reports about http://www.trimar.co.uk/ although ive never used them personally.

best regards,
john

Back