• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Male ram dorsal fin

Sammy Islam

Hey guys,
I have noticed one of my male ram's dorsal fin spines is broken/bent. Is this a battle wound or clumsy knock against the tank or hardscape? Or is there something wrong with him?
IMG_20200512_202235.jpg
IMG_20200512_201906.jpg

Thanks

Photo would help
It’s unusual for this to be clumsiness - being startled or chased into hardscape doesn’t count as clumsy IMNSHO

Strange
My post loaded while still showing as not “submitted”
And now there are photos

He looks fine except for the obvious break - I’d suspect another fish as the black ray is still undamaged

Just watch for any redness at the base of that fin (not easy re coloring) but he’d likely also show some lethargy

It may take some time to heal (unless you clipped it off - which I would NOT recommend even with anaesthetic as it’s difficult to handle these fish without causing some external scale etc damage)

Cool i'll keep an eye on him, he seems generally good and healthy. Definitely caused by my female then, hopefully it fixes itself. Doesn't look damaged as in a wound, just bent or broken, So random!

Back