• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Managing hoses

Gulczi

Hello,
Im looking for some pictures or tips how are you guys managing external filter hoses in your caninet.

Just simple as that. Im strugling with them each time I do maintanance..

Hoses are what made me not use canister filters for about 5 years at one time. They are a royal PITA. Now I keep them as short as possible, and detach them (Oase filter) before servicing the filter. I also,use the eheim installation sets which means I can clean the hoses without having to remove them as there is a ‘service’ hatch.

Double tap quick couplings is really convenient.
I also have these hose/pipe attachment things I found at the hardware store.
Screenshot_20200812-010637.jpg
IMG_20200715_155113__01.jpg

Okay thanks guys for pictures. These double taps are pretty expensive and I need 4 of them hmm.. But Im not only one with such a problem

Okay thanks guys for pictures. These double taps are pretty expensive and I need 4 of them hmm.. But Im not only one with such a problem

Some guys in Australia are using "quick disconnect" fittings design for water cooling systems inside PCs, which look a lot better than double taps. Not sure if I'd use them myself incase they leached anything into the water, especially for the metal ones.

Hello,
Im looking for some pictures or tips how are you guys managing external filter hoses in your caninet.

1597245514865.png

As you can see painfully

Im strugling with them each time I do maintanance..

Yes, I wish my maintenance was as simple as yours m8 😓 needless to say it doesn't happen often 🤫 as it takes hours

1597858980332.jpeg
Guys i have a question about this taps. Does water leaks through these U shaped holes or not?

1. How’s that external heater working out? I’ve read some horror stories online
It's been fine it's about 8 years old now. It's been taken apart and cleaned a couple of times 'casue it leaked, but that's not hard to do and it stopped leaking afterwards. It's best if you position it vertically, like I have.
2. Is that an Ecco pro 150? How big is your tank? Thinking of using for 60p and not sure if it would be enough
No it's the biggest in the range the 300. I'm using it on a 60-P. Personally I wouldn't recommend you go any lower.

Back