• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita Driftwood

Tony Swinney

Theres a guy on Aquatic Plant Central who sells Manzanita Driftwood. He trades as 'FishandTurtleJunkie' and has a thread in the for sale section called 'Manzanita Driftwood' (no surprise really :lol: ).

I ordered 2 of his packages('nano' and 'large') 7 days ago and it arrived this morning. Theres a really nice selection of pieces, perfectly packaged (so much so that it took 20 mins to un-package) and lots of extra branches thrown in too (which he said he does for international orders).

Cost was about £55 all in. Heres a pic and theres a few more on my journal thread (tape shows 5ft)

Tony

Manzanita1.jpg

Oooh, nice, I'll have to remember that when I eventually get round to getting my nano :)

Very nice, especially for £55. Have added this thread as a bookmark so that I don't forget it when I am next thinking of buying wood :)

Hi Aaron

Its gone in my 200l "black-tank" at the mo.......

_MUS3626.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not much use to you I'm afraid :oops:

Its been soaking in there for a month today ! I'm hoping to set a new nano up this week so I'll be pulling it all back out and going through it. There are a couple more pics of it when it arrived on my journal thread:

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4402

Tony

i will also say he is very patient, he kindly dicussed and sorted out pakages and pictures with me. here is the email/ price list

I have lots of Manzanita, so if you don’t see the perfect pieces (forgive the bad pics please) let me know and I will put one together for you.

Nano packages $30 shipped / U.S. Super nano package $37 shipped in the U.S.

Med packages are $45 shipped.

Add a medium size stump to a medium package for $15 more, or 5 medium branches to any medium stump package for $10 more.

Large packages are $60 plus ½ of shipping to international customers (usually $85 total shipped) These are the largest boxes I can ship without USPS charging me an arm and a leg. Contact me for a custom package.

I now have large stumps in stock, but most are too large to ship for international customers. Email me if interested.

All prices are shipped in the US, contact me for an exact international shipping quote. I always send extras, so plan on getting a good amount of wood. I include recommendations to soak the wood and FREE zip ties to secure the wood together in an aquascape.

thanks for the info Tonser, i just have to find something large enough to saok it in now lol

what is the stump? i couldent see it in your picture.

im glad to see he is back selling now. i started a thread about this wood and got directed to this guy, but at the time was having family issues/problems of some sort so he was putting his selling on hold.

hi,
i really want some of this :D .when i can afford it :( .
looking forward to seeing your tank aaron.
neil

Here's some manznita from someone in the know and can pronounce the species names, and where all the known species are naturally occuring(CA, USA).

You are getting the scraps.

resizedmanzanitaRichard.jpg

manzysthresized2.jpg

And

resizedsthmanzy1.jpg

I'll detail out more later as I put together the 450 Gal starfire glass tank coming up, 26mm glass.
It's going to be all Manzy.
Another tank is all redwood.

Ancient Bristle cone pine is another, but I do know a few places outside CA to get it.
That's the hardest wood to get and find, legally.

Regards.
Tom Barr

hi,
You are getting the scraps......beggars can't be choosers.
we are all not lucky enough to live in CA :(
neil

Back