• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita Driftwood

the stump was the last picture, it is about 2ft high, 1ft wide.
I have been looking and i have found a little paddling pool, that will have to do :lol:
It is a shame the pound is weak, other wise it would only be about £45 shipped and that is great for a 120cm considering it is about £30 for one piece for anything decent!
hi,
You are getting the scraps......beggars can't be choosers.
we are all not lucky enough to live in CA

or to have a large tank ;)

nelson said:
hi,
we are all not lucky enough to live in CA :(
neil

Well, I might be enticed to ship some later this spring.
Where I MTB, there's tons of it.

Cost of the shipping is really what has the prices up for wood, gravel/substrates etc.
Not the products themselves.

They are cheap.
Small branches do not cost much to ship a lot and can be easily packed.
The large pretty pieces cannot be easily packed etc.

To get a deal on large wood/substrates etc, a shipping container's worth is typically required.
Then you can get all you ever want.

But that's the way this goes.
I'd look locally, some of the sources you end up finding are quite interesting.

Regards,
Tom Barr

nelson said:
hi,
we are all not lucky enough to live in CA :(
neil

Make you all a deal, I'll ship you all some "scraps".
No begging required.

Pay shipping only. Whatever you want as far as a box, volume, I can pack 1.25 meter x 40 cm boxes full. Or whatever is cheap. I have one nice large box, about 1.5 meterx50cmx30cm which I could pack enough wood for 2-3 tank's 120cm or so sized.

You can auction them, do whatever you all wish. We have stuff lying on the road sides, they chip the trees because they are fire hazards and we have to keep the brush back 15 meters from the roads.

Stuff burns white hot, it's a bit like Eucalyptus trees. Weedy tree. Pretty, but you'd hate trying to hike through it.

Soaks up the water asap.

You folks are getting gouged, it's "waste" here.
I can pack a lot into those boxes.
Tiny, med, large, whatever you folks are interested if you wanna do a group shipment.

I have a 4 wd truck, so I can just stop off the road and nab some, cut it and then toss in a box, and ship to the UK.
All I ask is the ship cost.

So if folks want to do the group thing, let me know.
It's not a lot of trouble, I drive by lots of it every weekend.

Regards,
Tom Barr

hi,
i'm in :D .anyone else :?:
neil
how much would it cost to ship though.big bucks :!:

i might be interesed. (might..) you will have to let us know what the shipping rates are........

Back