• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita wood - now in the UK

Hi

I'll have to have it posted aswell :D

Thanks for everyone involved in this :D

As said before I will have to go posted but could do with waiting for the next shipment due to finances :) Will take this time if need be though.

AC

Can I be put into the 'posted' crew please. I'm more than willing to make a donation/pay for postage.

Worst come to worse, I'm more than willing pick it up from a location/event if need be (although I wont know any of you :oops: but a good excuse to meet some of ya)

Either way not too bothered

If their is any going spare after filling everyones orders can i possibly have a few bits.
Anything from nano to 60cm. Would need posting though.

Thanks

Andrew

I'll need it posted as well as im a bit far from both locations with no transport otherwise i would go and pick some up

Hi tony,I will collect from dans if that's ok,
I will want some pieces like mark had for my big tank, some for my 60cm,and some for my 30cm nano,
Real branchy and twisty if poss,
John .

Can some one in charge PM me and let me know what's going on? I'm on the list but I don't know what I'd supposed to be giving, if anything?

Hi Garuf and everyone :D

So here is what is going on...the wood is here, and I'm going to make time this week to sort through it. I'm going to put it into batches of 2, 3 or 4 pieces roughly suitable for 30, 60 or 90 cm tanks. Each batch will then be weighed, labelled and photographed against tape measures.

On Sunday 12th July at 10am I'll post a link in this thread to the website with all the pictures, and you can pick what you want and let me know by posting on this thread (please do not PM me, its far easier and open if everyone can see what is going on).

The weight will allow the price to be calculated - the reimbursement of the trans-atlantic shipping is £5.30 per kilo, then it will cost £12 per package on top of that for those that need it posting on. All payments will need to be made to Ukaps, via the donate button at the bottom of the page.

This seems the best way to do it, as it means you get to choose the bits you want, rather than me or Dan picking stuff that you might or might not like. There is alot of wood here, but if you are not going to scape it soon, feel free to hang on for the next shipment from Tom which will probably be within a couple of months.

Finally, please bear with me in getting all this sorted out. Between looking after my wife who is 5 weeks away from giving birth to our first baby, decorating the house before the baby arrives, running my own company, and maintaining 3 tanks I'm a busy lad, but I'll do my best :D

Cheers

Tony

Let me know if the wood is nice and economical for you folks.
I'll have more soon.

Soak it and let it mature for a few weeks before passing judgment.
It will get a nice two tone in some cases, with red and darker brown.

Regards,
Tom Barr

john starkey said:
Hi tony,I will collect from dans if that's ok,
I will want some pieces like mark had for my big tank, some for my 60cm,and some for my 30cm nano,
Real branchy and twisty if poss,
John .

Hi Tony,
ignore the above post,you can post mine please save my fuel bill,

cheers tony for taking this on,

good luck with the brith, john.

Just noticed this. I'm still in for a few small gnarly/branchy bits. I've got a big tank, but I just really need some to "finish it off" :) So hard to find branchy bits of wood for a decent price, I'm just after paying £16.50 for a tiny bit!

And thanks so much for doing this!

I photographed all of the bits last night against tape measures - all 55 of them ! Apart from a couple of the nano bits I've done them all individually so you can choose exactly what you want.

Set your alarms...the link to the pics will be posted here at 10am this Sunday and its first come first served ! I'm pretty sure we'll get another shipment in a couple of months though :D

Cheers

Tony

Tonser said:
Set your alarms...the link to the pics will be posted here at 10am this Sunday and its first come first served !
Damn I will be away in Portugal :p btw Tony shouldn't the people that were on the list have first pick and then whatever is left other people could then buy some if there was some left that is.

Back