• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita wood - now in the UK

I don't mind someone taking my little portion. I can wait for next time. Will free up a little extra for my Portugal flights. Blooming expensive this year!!!

AC

I hope the people who have expressed an interest by putting their name on the list will get priority... Otherwise there wasn't much point in that.

I hope I'm not working on Sunday, better ser my alarm - no lie in for me! :lol:

Thanks again Tony for organising this for us all.

I better be online at 10am aswell

I second the people on the lsit should get first pick, as I'm on there :p :lol:

I'll third that! Wasn't any point in asking for names otherwise, cant you just tell my names on the list. Cant wait for sunday now, just means i'll have a week of missing bootsale bargain tanks :?

OK folks....in an effort to keep those "on the list" happy, I'll PM the link to the wood to the first 7 on the list on Thursday evening, the next 7 on Friday evening, and the final 7 on Saturday . The link will then be posted here on Sunday at 10am.

Hope that works for everyone :D If anyone who is going to the Oliver Knott demo day at TGM (13th Sept) can wait for their wood, then let me know which bits you want and I'll label it as yours and bring it up on the day.

Here is the final list, as made up from the previous threads, and in date order:

Thomas McMillan (post)
SamC - Courier/Post
Glenn Eldridge - Post (Combined with SimonD - tbc)
johnny70 (post)
Ejack (post)
SimonD - Post (?) (Combined with Glenn - tbc)
YzemaN
Verminator
StuWorrall - Post
Dave Spencer
Garuf
John Starkey - Post
Whimdriven
Piemonster
Binsky 1973
Linsflier
Fishkeeper (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Hunter01 (post)
Milla (post)

Next shipment:

SuperColey1 (post)

Could you please take my name off the list and stick it on the one for the next batch, I'm absolutely skint at the mo and don't mind waiting for a new shipment.

amazing im 3rd... :wideyed: :wideyed: which is good as i wont be in on sunday at 10.
anyway good work tony :D also me and simonD live close so we can combine our batches in to one box so to save you a box, as i imagin you are going to need a few :lol:
again thanks for helping us all, especialy with the shedual you have :arghh:

It might be worth saving your shipping/collection requirements untill you've got your manzi reserved :) That way it'll be easier to collate shipping info, instead of hunting through this thread :) What I'll do though is edit the list of people and add a note to those who have already chosen how to get hold of their wood (ooerr!) :lol:

See George I would but I have no clue who I'd supposed to be Pm'ing as so many people are involved... Who's in charge of handling now? Dan or Tony or someone else?

I think the best person to PM would be Tonser (Tony) - he seems to be the one organising everything. ;)

Just wanted to say thank you up front to Tony for arranging all of this, and thanks to Tom (if you are reading this post :D ) for taking the time to collect the wood, packing it all up and shipping it over.

Its just nice to know that there are good people in the world, that are willing to take the time and effort to help people out.

As queer as it may sound, I'm looking forward to seeing the bits of wood :lol:

Thanks again

Jack

There's more wood.
If folks prefer longer pieces, the box starts to get much smaller around.
I think I'll add some like that next time and then pack the void space with the smaller shorter pieces.

We can still add more weight, the real issue on my end is getting the most wood I can into a box that still has some nice character.

I can pack two types of boxes next time, one for smaller shorter pieces with branches etc, and another with lots of longer slender pieces that can stick out, for 120 Cm long tanks or larger.

Damn, I wish I could just drive over, dump a couple of truck loads over at Tony's and be done with it.
Even if it was a 2 hour drive etc.

It's what it's like at my place:)

I have a 60p ADA that I am building up with a Tek T5 light suspension, ADA stand, black sand flourite, Mazanita wood, and of course.........Zebra L046(F1's, 8 of them) and about 50 Crystal red shrimps.
Have not decided the plants etc. Really looking to do something new.

Must consult the Wood God.

Regards,
Tom Barr

plantbrain said:
There's more wood.
If folks prefer longer pieces, the box starts to get much smaller around.
I think I'll add some like that next time and then pack the void space with the smaller shorter pieces.

We can still add more weight, the real issue on my end is getting the most wood I can into a box that still has some nice character.

I can pack two types of boxes next time, one for smaller shorter pieces with branches etc, and another with lots of longer slender pieces that can stick out, for 120 Cm long tanks or larger.

Damn, I wish I could just drive over, dump a couple of truck loads over at Tony's and be done with it.

It's what it's like at my place:)

I have a 60p ADA that I am building up with a Tek T5 light suspension, ADA stand, black sand flourite, Mazanita wood, and of course.........Zebra L046(F1's, 8 of them) and about 50 Crystal red shrimps.
Have not decided the plants etc. Really looking to do something new.

Must consult the Wood God.

Regards,
Tom Barr

I hope there will be some pics of this new tank :p

Yeh, thanks for this, its much appreciated by the forum members :)

Garuf (post)
Garuf said:
See George I would but I have no clue who I'd supposed to be Pm'ing as so many people are involved... Who's in charge of handling now? Dan or Tony or someone else?

Garuf, have a look back through the thread at my last response to your PM request - all is explained ;)

plantbrain said:

:wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed: Erm.....thanks for the offer, but my garage is only so big :lol: Seriously though Tom, it would be great if we didnt have to do the shipping bit as thats the tricky, and expensive bit. Perhaps we could just play Pooh sticks with a truck load across the Atlantic !

Lets see what gets taken from this 1st batch, and then get an idea of what else people would like size wise. Thanks again.

Tony

Gentleman, start your engines.....I've just PM'd the 1st 7 people on the list ;) :

Thomas McMillan (post)
SamC - Courier/Post
Glenn Eldridge - Post (Combined with SimonD - tbc)
johnny70 (post)
Ejack (post)
SimonD - Post (?) (Combined with Glenn - tbc)
YzemaN

More PM's later tonight (theres 55 pieces so dont worry :D )

Verminator
StuWorrall (@TGM)
Garuf
Dave Spencer
John Starkey - Post
Whimdriven
Binsky 1973
Linsflier
Fishkeeper (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Hunter01 (post)
Milla (post)