• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita wood - now in the UK

Could I take the following please :)

L006
L010
M014
M018
S006
S011

Thanks

JOHNNY

Could you please put me down for the following pieces

S001
M016
S005

Would like it posted.

Thanks again for all of this. Its really appreciated. I just hope our donations do cover all the costs involved and no one is loosing out. Please make sure that you aren't loosing out cash on this. If so I'm willing to donate more money than necessary.

Cheers

Jack

Ejack said:
Thanks again for all of this. Its really appreciated. I just hope our donations do cover all the costs involved and no one is loosing out. Please make sure that you aren't loosing out cash on this. If so I'm willing to donate more money than necessary.

Thanks Ejack. Your payments cover the cost of trans-atlantic shipping, and any UK postage costs. The time that Tom, myself and Dan are putting in, along with packaging etc is all voluntary, so please feel free to donate as much as you wish - there is no upper limit on donations, and it will all help the ukaps cause ;) :D :D

If still available I'll take:

M020 1/2 kg
L015 3/4 kg
L007 3/4 kg

Collect or Post?. Depends on Glenn, if he has some we can share postage, if not I may well just collect (Dan's). Or do you need payment now?

Here's what I'd like please:

M002
M005
M006
M010
S003
S007
S008
S009
S010

Posted please.

I hope it doesn't seem as if I'm being greedy... It's just such great wood and I find it really difficult choosing the right peices. They're not big peices, but if someone wants one of these I'd probably be willing to give it up - just shoot me a PM.

Let me know what to do next Tonser, how much to pay etc. Thanks again! :)

Tom, Tony & Dan and anybody else involved, thanks for taking the time to organize this.
Great to see people taking time out of their obviously very busy lives to help others :D :D :D :D

Could you add me to the list for the next batch please :?:

Thanks again

Cheers

nice peices of wood there Tony well done. the bits of nano wood look good too.

put me down for:
LOO1
LOO2
LOO5 1/4KG not the 3/4KG as there are 2 LOO5's (i think)
LOO13 (this one is a beauty) :D :D
LOO16

well if you want to pick up from Dans Simon that fine, save us some postage :) just PM me.
is this right:-if we collect we just pay £12? and if we post we pay £12 + postage charge?

thanks again!

^ You pay £5 something for each kg of wood you want, plus £12 if you want the lot posted. At least that's what I've gathered. ;)

You're right Thomas, thanks. £5.30 per kilo of wood, plus £12 if you want it posted out to you.

I've updated the website, with "Claimed" notices on the wood that you've selected so far - alot has gone, but there are still some lovely bits there. I'll PM everyone over the weekend with their amounts payable.

I've just PM'd the next 7 people on the list, with the web address :

Verminator
StuWorrall (@TGM)
Garuf
Dave Spencer
John Starkey - Post
Whimdriven
Binsky 1973

I'll PM the last group in the morning - thanks for your patience :D

Linsflier
Fishkeeper (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Hunter01 (post)
Milla (post)

Next shipment:

SuperColey1 (post)
Piemonster
Garuf

Tony

I know, I don't mean to sound picky but we were all asked what we were looking for from it. With only 55 bits and 21 people for it to go around, should there not be some sort of limit or at least limited to what they wanted? Or is it just basically last of the list get last picks?

Nevermind, if there's nothing there could I get my name on for the next lot? :D

Looking at the list, I've chosen too many peices and it's probably unfair on eveyrone else. So, on second thoughts I've decided to wait until a later date for this wood - don't really need it any time soon to be honest and it would be more use to someone else.

My bits are back up for grabs - I'll wait for the next shipment so put me down for that please. ;)

Morning all :D

This wood was always going to be tricky to sort out, as more and more people expressed an interest, and Tom can only put so much in a box !

Limiting the number of pieces anyone could take was never an option, as we would then be restricting them on the scape they could build. Folks will want different pieces depending on their tank size, and complexity of the hardscape within it. The whole idea of getting Manzanita sent over from Tom was to get some new wood into the UK planted tank scene, at a very cheap price so that you can build great new scapes :D

xweeqtx said:
Or is it just basically last of the list get last picks?
Err, yes, thats the flipside of first on the list gets first picks :D

The 'fairest' option was to let the folks who expressed their interest first have first look at the wood, and as you posted a coupe of months after Tom first offered to send the wood, that means there were a few ahead of you - I've added you to the list for the next lot :D

rawr said:
Looking at the list, I've chosen too many peices and it's probably unfair on eveyrone else. So, on second thoughts I've decided to wait until a later date for this wood - don't really need it any time soon to be honest and it would be more use to someone else.

My bits are back up for grabs - I'll wait for the next shipment so put me down for that please.

Thanks Thomas :D

I'll update the website shortly, and PM the rest on the list later this morning :D

Folks - we are already talking to Tom about the next shipment, so please dont panic buy ! There will be more soon :D

This is the list for the next lot:

SuperColey1 (post)
Piemonster (post)
Garuf (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Rawr (post)

Tony

Forgot to mention that I would require post on the next shipment. Just to say, we all really appreciate the effort you guys are going to in bringing this wood into the country and sending it out to us all, cheers guys!

Back