• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita wood - now in the UK

samc said:
just thought id say here that the wood i recived it not floating now and i have only soaked it for one day. although one bit is half floating :D i thought i would have to soak it for weeks

Yeh, only my biggest bit is still floating everything else has fully sunk.

I jsut need to clean them up with the hosepipe, and take of some of the moss and its ready to use after I come home from holiday :D

Got some more wood Sat at about 2500meters, this requires less cleaning.
Nice stuff.

I'll send it in this week and try and pack some today.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Great stuff Tom :)

I'm adding my name to the list, as I think I need just a few small branches :angelic:

List for next batch:

SuperColey1 (post)
Piemonster (post)
MasterMoriarty
Garuf (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Rawr (post)
hunter001
StuWorrall
lincsflier
aaronnorth
afroturf (post)
SteveUK (collect from Dan if possible)

I am going to remove my name from the list as i have managed to utilise another pice of wood! Sorry for any confusion
Aaron.

SuperColey1 (post)
Piemonster (post)
MasterMoriarty
Garuf (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Rawr (post)
hunter001
StuWorrall
lincsflier
afroturf (post)

plantbrain said:
Got some more wood Sat at about 2500meters, this requires less cleaning.
Nice stuff.

I'll send it in this week and try and pack some today.

Thats great, thanks again Tom. I've PM'd you re the delivery as I'm not handling distribution this time, as our baby is due next week :wideyed: :D

Cheers

Tony

is it too late or can i get some wood? im on holiday atm be back in september. Im looking for very large pieces to cover a 3-4ft by 1ft area? thanks

No problems everyone list is now :-

SuperColey1 (post)
Piemonster (post)
MasterMoriarty
Garuf (post)
xweeqtx (post)
Rawr (post)

hunter001
StuWorrall
afroturf (post)
Neelhound (Post)
Klay (Post)

Wood is in the process of being shipped over and will update the thread with any more news etc..

Due to Tony's baby being due anytime he will not being delivery this time (all the best mate :thumbup: ).

This will be done by myself and delivery etc will be same as last time eg. £12 for courier delivery. Will be done in the same order as above and in the same groups. All in the first group will be emailed the link at the same time and then 24 hours later the second group will be emailed again all at the same time.

Seven days notice will be given of when they go live as they are now in a shop format with payment being made through donate button on this site as last time around. Hopefully having them in a shop format will stop double booking or any confusion :lol: the site will have pictures and weights etc along with costs and the full checkout procedure must be completed as only then will the site update inventory amounts.

If anyone has any problems or suggestions with the above then please let me know asap.:D

Cheers
Dave

i know that you can do it like this:
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... hp#ShopAds
(scroll down)
and just put it on a thread.
I know that if you click add to shopping cart, the SAME page is refreshed and it would now contain a box saying 'applies to this advert page only' and have a button to pay buy paypal.
So it doesnt ahve to complicated, and you can just have the qauntity as the kgs, but still let people choose the shape. :D

neelhound said:
i know that you can do it like this:
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... hp#ShopAds
(scroll down)
and just put it on a thread.
I know that if you click add to shopping cart, the SAME page is refreshed and it would now contain a box saying 'applies to this advert page only' and have a button to pay buy paypal.
So it doesnt ahve to complicated, and you can just have the qauntity as the kgs, but still let people choose the shape. :D

Hi Prashant thanks for that. If we put it on Aquarist Classified this would then open it up to everyone and not just those on the forum :(. Also needs to be released in batches and with notice as well as some people have been waiting longer than others etc so only fair they have first bash at it so to speak lol.

Cheers
Dave

i meant as in im sure you could put that on the forum, its just the example is on aq

also if its possible for me to choose could i get the wood to be 1 or 2 big twindly pieces :D :D :Dlike large roots( im going for an amazon look)

Hi thanks for that :). Wouldn't have a clue where to start with the coding and again it is released to each batch of members at different times so would only be able to choose what remains when it is released to you.

Cheers
Dave

Back