• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita wood shipment to the UK: where to ship it to

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantbrain

Expert
I need to know where to ship and how much wood folks want.
Split the orders up if you live somewhat close.

I got more today and will likely ever get more in 2 weeks, snow is still making some spots inaccessible.
I'm working at the 1000-1500 meter range.

resizedmossIH.jpg

Found this moss all over this stream.

Not bad eh?

Almost looks like Fissidens(it's not).

So let me know where you want it sent to.

Organize it and I'll ship any time.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hi everyone, I never really put my name down for this but i'll happily organise the distribution. I'll be at George's Demo Day next month and my courier charges are £9 if your not going to be there. I'll do my best with the boxes, i'm sure i can get them from somewhere. If no-one else wants to do it of corse....

Many thanks Dan

I won't be there but am happy to pay the £9 plus a £16 share of the initial shipping outlay for the applicable amounts of 10-40cm pieces :)

Let me know whats happening and I'll sort out the paypal/cheque etc

Andy

Hi Tom

As with Dan, I'm happy to take a box here too (I'm in Surrey).

Personally I'd like enough pieces for a centre style layout in a 40" x 20" x 20" tank, with branches coming up out of the surface.

If I get quotes for shipping a box say 36" x 24" x 24" and weighing 30lb / 15kg would that fit your packaging Tom ?

Thanks

Tony

I just had a look around for quotes, and it seems USPS might be the best option.

They'll do a 30lb box, max length 60", and max total length+girth of 108" for $114 ( about £78 ). Delivery will be 6-10 days.

To give you an idea, this arrangement of manzanita is about 60cm x 60cm, and weighs about 2lb (just under 1kg) though it is completely dry.

Manzanita3.jpg

Cheers

Tony

So I have 1 box to Tony, 1 box to Dan.
30lbs each, I'll use a 48" x 24x 20" or so box for them.
30lbs will be tough to fill.

Regards,
Tom Barr

I'm in but I'm willing to wait for the right bits, I'm after enough for a 24' tank but really really gnarly weather warn bits. What postage/box would I want?

Hi Tom

Will you have any ready to send in the next few days ? Just thinking that our get together at TGM is on the 17th May, so if it could get here before then I can take it along for folks. USPS reckons 6-10days so I guess it would have to leave you by the 6th to be safe.

Let me know how you would like paying for shipping and I'll sort that out for you.

Tony

Garuf said:
I'm in but I'm willing to wait for the right bits, I'm after enough for a 24' tank but really really gnarly weather warn bits. What postage/box would I want?

Garuf wants gnarled smaller pieces, can do.

I am getting an official wood collecting permit here, so I can get up to three truck loads worth at the nice spot legally now.
I can get more if I want, but cost 10$ per truck load or thereabouts.

The longer you wait, the more I'll have.
Still snow up there for the pieces like the above pic.

Regards,
Tom Barr

I can send you a decent pack Tonser, then you folks can decide for more.
It'll be another week or two before I go back.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hi guys I would be interested in some if possible,I would be happy with so e of all sizes,regards john .

hi tom,
i wouldn't mind a couple of bits like tonser's photo and some smaller piece's.bit short of cash at the moment so willing to wait.
thanks
neil

Hi tom,I would like a box the same as dans if possible,you can ship to dans if that's easier,regards john

Hi everyone, after a chat with James, Graeme and George, we've dicided that UKaps will pay for the cost of getting the wood to the UK. We will of corse need reimbursing but at least no-one need put up the initial outlay. Please could we have a list of people who wish to receive and are willing to pay for it once it's here, believe it or not, i don't want a garden full of wood that we can't shift :lol:
The money we have in our account is only there because some of you have kindly donated, please keep up the donation plant swaps and this will allows to do similar things in the future :D

That is generous of you! You can put me down for some, interested for sure. There was a list of who wanted some in another thread.

Always interested. Tom's hunting for my annoyingly particular particulars. Thank you all and thank you, Tom.

Well I now possess the official permit to collect up to 3 truck loads worth of wood from some of the prime spots without fear(they are very happy I'm taking their fire hazard and do it so there's no eye sore). So the location is good for this and I'll get some from the same place you saw the 450 Gal tank's wood come from.

The USDA gives out permits for fire wood for personal use every year.
So this way I'm legal to nab anything that's downed wood on about 1,200,000 acres.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back