• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita wood shipment to the UK: where to ship it to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys can add me as well please if not too late. Looking for a very large piece if possible as centre piece for 8x 2 x 2. either that or two to three nice size pieces. Can also help with sending onwards through couriers we use if that helps any size up to 25kg £9.

Cheers
Dave

Well, snow is melting now, it's suppose to be about 38C Saturday so it should be pretty warm up at 2800 meters.
So the wood is going to be collected here soon.

I have a massive pile right now, so I might ship out a few.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hi

Would it be possible to send me some wood? Id be looking for wood of about 30-60cm long of all different shapes (amounts of branches, cool designs etc). I really would like a variety of pieces and a few so I can have a play about with them all to find a perfect aquascape...

Would this be possible?

Also, im a little confused about the costs. Is it £16 and £9 postage/courior charges?

I'd love some if it's still not been done yet. I'm in Scotland though, so would need to have it couriered here from whoever is getting the job lot. I'm not looking for anything huge or big at all, just small gnarly/branchy bits!

I'll add my name to that list if possible, need plenty for a 4 ft planted tank i'll be setting up soon

It is going out tomorrow.
I had a hell of a time trying to find the right shape of box that optimizes the wood sizing and the size restrictions from USPS. First ones got rejected at the post office.

So I have 2 large boxes coming, but the max L is about 28-30" for the longest pieces.
I'm sending 2 large boxes to Tony.

I'll send some more later if folks like this and want more.
I will have moved by then also, so sorry for the delay, I have a lot on the table and this is bit more tough than mere shipping a bag of weeds to some aquarist in NYC.

Box#1 is 24.6 lbs, the other is 29.8.

So two boxes are being shipped to Tony Monday, June 22nd.

Cost; 114.50$ USD and 99.50$ USD

Regards,
Tom Barr

Missed them today by 5pm, so I'll ship tomorrow early, wanted to check with you also if the $ was alright after all this time.

Tom

The money's fine Tom, PM me your address and the amount and i'll get it over to you asap. Thanks for all your help Tom!

Shipment went out today, box no1# is 99.50 and the other 114.50.

Send money via paypal to tcbiii@yahoo.com when you get the actual box in and get the $ from folks.
thanks,

I know the precise box sizing and other issues, so I can do this a lot more timely, most of the snow is gone from all the passes around the mountains, I have a special permit to get pretty much as much as I want, so look at this batch and then we can go from there.

Not too bad once you do it once.
the wood is not scrubbed etc, but will color up nice after a soak and wire brushing.

Tom Barr

I just need to ask this:

Will the money we pay be a donation to UKAPS? I need to know so I can get my dad to make a paypal account :)

cheers

Well once we pay Tom then yes, the funds will go to UKaps via the donation button, we are only charging what we get charged which is effectively, everybody's share of the postage from the states and then the postage to get it to your door. :D

ahh that's pk then, thanks for clearing it up :D

So, are there about 10 members wanting some? I'm only working out how much it will cost me so I can have the money put aside so its safe :D

Thanks for that Tom, can't wait for this stuff, looks quality! :)

On looking at the costs and stuff...won't each person who wants some be paying quite a chunk? :wideyed:

214 U.S. dollars = 129.532111 British pounds

If there are about 10 members (at a guess, im sure there may be more) divide that, it means that we pay £12.90 + courier charges which may be about £9-£12.

So, overall, I dont think its too expensive considering the quantity we will get when we compare it to wood such as redmoor of AE.

here is the list of people who wanted some...more have asked though on this thread i think so the list isnt complete.

Thomas McMillan: (not sure how many) branchy bits, 20-40cm.
Tonser: lots of bits up to around 70cm (happy to help with shipping if needed).
Steve Smith: tiny to medium 5 - 50cm
sam clowsley: 15-30cm straighter pieces (about 12-15 if possible)
Glenn Eldridge: 1 big peice up to 70cm (a centre peice for a 100cm aquarium basicaly)-somthing with character
nelson:40-70cm bits + some smaller bits.pretty floral branch would be nice
johnny70:small-medium 10-50cm, branchy and straight bits (would need mine shipped to me, doubt I can get to the meets)
a1matt: a piece for a 3 foot tank, one that fills the tank. and then another one for the same size tank again. A couple of nano size centrepieces. Then a handful of branchy bits as well. I like gnarly\twisted wood.
Ejack: a few pieces, 3-4 roughly 30-40cm long
SimonD: 4 or 5 lengths 40 - 70cm combination of branched/straight. Whatever I'm sure it'll be good and can make it work!
YzemaN: Enough to fill a 4 footer. I've been quite envious of the 180G "pesky" tank in Tom's living room
Verminator: 5 to 6 pieces between 40-60cm in length for a 3ft setup. Aiming for root like system with Echi's in the near future.

Re: Manzanita wood shipment to the UK: where to ship it to
by nelson » Sat May 02, 2009 8:45 pm

hi,
really sorry guys,but i have to drop out.wife's just been made redundant for the second time in less than a year .going to struggle just paying bills,mortgage etc.
neil

i dropped out a while back.i think a1matt did too :?
there were two threads so the list may not be correct now :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back