manzita wood

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by mjw1476, 6 Aug 2009.

1. mjw1476

mjw1476 Member

anyone ever used this site and had it shipped over? much cheaper than the uk but dont know about shipping, can anyone shed some light?

http://www.manzanita.com/aqwood.htm

cheers

Matt

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Nice site, not see that one before. Might be worth an email to find out the shipping costs as it might be rather expensive.

Sam

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i did contact them, but it was ages ago and i cannot remember the costs, i went to a guy on APC though as he emailed pictures of what he was selling :)

I think his name was "fishandturtlejunkie"

4. mjw1476

mjw1476 Member

cheers guys, arron, pardon me if i sound stupid but whats apc?

still havent got e-mail back but ill let you know if they are cheap. ive been researching and apparently its just VAT + handling fee of £4 for anything up to £36, which suits me fine, apparently they select what you ask for but you cant see individual pieces, but thats part of the suprise!!!

5. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Aquatic Plant Central, here is the thread where i heard about it
    http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

6. plantbrain

plantbrain Expert

If you are in the group buy, I am sending another box over today(hell froze over).
    the cost is just for shipping since I have Manzy coming out my ears and it's better than the other less character wood. CA is where most all the species are in this genus, so I have several species to chose from in many habitats.

I'll likely ship off another box, but many in the UK might have Manzy overload for awhile now:)
    Might wanna look for another type of wood.

Regards,
    Tom Barr