• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzy wood to the UK, new shipment

plantbrain

Expert
I have some more wood, I'll need to make up for my time and gas to get it. Shipping was about 90-100$ USD I recall, some went down to 60 USD$. Each box will be about 100$ + whatever exact shipping is.
I should have enough for 3-4 boxes depending on demand.

This is pre soaked and cleaned wood.

Most have requested smaller pieces, I also found and collected a lot of small trees, roughly 10-20cm tall. So each box will have 2-4 of those in there.
ex:
IMG_2970.jpg

I have larger pieces
1505bb33.jpg

But shipping would be impractical...........
Most boxes will have a fair amount of extras for perhaps 4-5 x 90 cm sized tanks, or 3-4 well scaped 120 cm ranges etc.

What I need is a shipping address.
I'll let you know the shipping price exactly after I ship it, but 60-99$ USD is the average thus far.
I'll likely not ship till the following week, not this coming week.

Some have seemed to think this is all FREE wood, it is not.
Sorry if there was some confusion here. I shipped a few to the club for folks for FREE and to help the group out.
This is not an open ended deal however.

If folks want a nice large or medium sized box, it will be a good deal.........but it is not free.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hi

My ideal piece would be a rooty piece but not too branchy. In other words, ok for 5 to 6 inch fish to easily manoeuvre through and under.

How large is that first piece to the left on the first pic?
And whats the total cost of such a piece likely to be, if there were enough folk interested to make a box or two filled enough to ship?
Cheers

Gavin

I have a fair amount and it is best to pack the box to the gills. The restriction is really the size of the box. about 1 meter x 1/2 a meter by 1/2 a meter, or so combo thereof that does not exceed this dimension.

I do not think anyone has complained about the grade or volume of the wood, this batch is nicer since it's been pre soaked and washed some.

It still needs some soaking and prep before use(in a bucket for a week or so).
The smaller pieces are about 20cm diamater, 15-20 cm dinner plate and smaller tip to tip.
These are small trees.

I have roughly 20 or so like that and some larger ones as well.
I'd mix a box nicely for folks.

Ship cost run for a packed box about 90-100$ US.

744c7fb8.jpg

Hi I am interest do you think you can send me some pictures of any wood which is branchy and will fit in a 60cm tank?

In order to maximize the shipping and get the largest return, I used modified Bike shipping boxes, this gets me in at the 108" max grith X Length max sizing. Manzy is light, but HARD, so it's all about volume.

I have packed a few such boxes, they have a nice mix of longer larger branches and smaller pieces, 3-4 micro "trees".
These will run about 100$ to ship and 100$ cost for the wood. 1 dinky branch runs about 20$ US here in the USA. There's about 20 such branches in these bike boxes and a few extras.

I'll post a pic here shortly of a packed box, then pull it out for you to see.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Also the bike cut down boxes I ideal for larger display pieces, I have a limit on the max total dimension, but I can get some pretty nice larger pieces, and if I trim some of the large pieces down like these:

1505bb33.jpg

I can end up managing to get the pieces into boxes.
Within the USA, this is about 25$ shipping, but international, it jumps to about 80-100$.

For a large piece like the above, I'd likely split the whole thing into 2 halves, then trim the outlyers to fit.
You end up with nice 1/2 pinwheel root like systems.

Something like my 180 gal tank:
180lightbarADAAS.jpg

Regards,
Tom Barr

I am interested do you think you can post/send me some pictures of the wood you got at the moment and also can you please tell me when you are shipping them out?

can i add a note of interest for this too.

I've sort of gone more to the wholesale level.
Pallet loads are much easier to ship and cheaper.
But that is just within the USA. :twisted:

IMG_3955.jpg

I typical charge about 750$ for prime Pallet load.

61b1d13f.jpg

This is about 1/2 the cost of per piece pricing.

Not sure what a pallet ship cost would be to the UK, but could check.
It's only 225$ across the USA. Might be another US $368.50 from NY to London.

So about 500-600$ for shipping.

Clearance at customs would be up to the consignee and pick up.

This is for a 120Cm x 100cm x 160cm pallet packed.

Something to ponder.

IMG_4135_resize.jpg

IMG_4130_resize.jpg

IMG_4116_resize.jpg

IMG_4120_resize.jpg

Regards,
Tom Barr

Just a heads up if any of you want to know about Tom's wood,
It is the best wood I ever had! Perfect branches and stumps.
Just my 2 cents.

Back