• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marks 120cm Bay Fronted Jungle "A 5 Year Work In Progress"

Re: Marks 120cm Bay Fronted Jungle - Video Updated

finally got that video working :D now everything looks in proportion instead of squashed :D

click on "watch in high quality" under the movie for your enhanced viewing pleasure :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruFFdCTVAAQ

Enjoy :D

Themuleous said:
Veru nice Mark, the Riccia has gone mad!!!

Sam

Cheers Sam, it gets to that stage about every 3 weeks, so next week it will need re-netting, the last time i did it i had half a bucket of Riccia that ended up on the compost :arghh:

SteveUK said:
Looks superb mate :) Would love to pinch some of that background plant! (Micranthemum umbrosum?)

There's Rotala Green on the left, Rotala Rotundaflora in the middle and Bacopa on the right, i'm pruning today if you want some mate?

New photos as promised :D comments welcome ;)

DSCI0069.jpg

DSCI0067.jpg

DSCI0063.jpg

DSCI0061.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

DSCI0059.jpg

DSCI0058.jpg

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0052.jpg

DSCI0044.jpg

DSCI0025.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Hi Mark,
Looks good enough to eat mate. :D Filled in nicely. Can't help thinking that the background stems need something - maybe shaping like a hedge. It just seems like a wall of green. Maybe let the red plant grow tall and then put it in the back middle to break up the color and texture of the wall?

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Hi Mark,
Looks good enough to eat mate. :D Filled in nicely. Can't help thinking that the background stems need something - maybe shaping like a hedge. It just seems like a wall of green. Maybe let the red plant grow tall and then put it in the back middle to break up the color and texture of the wall?

Cheers,

Cheers mate :D i agree about the red it needs to grow taller, the Red Luwigia that was there never really grew at all so i replaced it yesterday with this Rotala Mac (i think) hpefully it should fair better :)

What are the tank specs? I'm sure they're in this thread somewhere but, with 10 pages I'm struggling to find them.

There is a lot of good stuff going on in this tank, but the Crypt is becoming a bit too distracting IMO, and doesn`t really fit in with the texture of the rest of the tank.

Personally, I would replace it with some other type of stem along the lines of HM or MU. Rotala sp `Nanjenshan` or the like may work, also.

Placing groupings of midground plants along the line where the foreground plants meet the background could help to break up the feeling of FFWS on the left hand side of the tank.

With a little more careful planting and pruning it should look pretty exceptional, not that it isn`t a beauty already.

Dave.

WOW that looks great Mark, thos much growth its unbelievable, what you dosing it?
Loving the jungle, must look great in watching it in person, when is the BBQ? hahaha

Keep us posted, great work :)

ulster exile said:
That does look really impressive :wideyed:

Thankyou :D

bugs said:
What are the tank specs? I'm sure they're in this thread somewhere but, with 10 pages I'm struggling to find them.

sure :)

120cm
220l
Tetratec 1200
24/7 pressurised CO2, Rhinox 5000
30w & 40w T8 Triplus and 2 Daylight Plus 55w T5 PC's no reflectors but the hood is lined with Mylar

Dave Spencer said:
There is a lot of good stuff going on in this tank, but the Crypt is becoming a bit too distracting IMO, and doesn`t really fit in with the texture of the rest of the tank.

Personally, I would replace it with some other type of stem along the lines of HM or MU. Rotala sp `Nanjenshan` or the like may work, also.

Placing groupings of midground plants along the line where the foreground plants meet the background could help to break up the feeling of FFWS on the left hand side of the tank.

With a little more careful planting and pruning it should look pretty exceptional, not that it isn`t a beauty already.

Dave.

I know what you you mean about the crypt mate but it's become a battle of wills :rolleyes: i want it out, it wants to take over the tank and the wife loves it ;)
I have always fancied trying some Nanjenshan though :)

FFWS... ????

LondonDragon said:
WOW that looks great Mark, thos much growth its unbelievable, what you dosing it?
Loving the jungle, must look great in watching it in person, when is the BBQ? hahaha

Keep us posted, great work :)

Thanks mate :D it currently gets 5g of KNO3, 1g KH2PO4, 8g MGSO4 and 1g AE Trace 3 x week :D

Back