• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marks 120cm Bay Fronted Jungle "A 5 Year Work In Progress"

Mark Evans said:
Good stuff Mark.

Have you any more wood or stone?...It's just a thought, but maybe add a bit more wood on the right and a bit of stone on the left, to make the hardscape a bit more fluid.

it kinda looks like two different scapes in 1. :thumbup:

It's great, but could be improved slightly. I'm not being critical in a bad way mate :angelic:

Haven't got any more wood but still got loads of the stone left :thumbup:

Arana said:
Mark Evans said:
Good stuff Mark.

Have you any more wood or stone?...It's just a thought, but maybe add a bit more wood on the right and a bit of stone on the left, to make the hardscape a bit more fluid.

it kinda looks like two different scapes in 1. :thumbup:

It's great, but could be improved slightly. I'm not being critical in a bad way mate :angelic:

Haven't got any more wood but still got loads of the stone left :thumbup:

I have just finished planting but no doubt i will be tweaking a lot over the next week so i may well add some more of the stone :thumbup:

Finally it was time to put all the plants back...
IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

Still a lot of tweaking to do and as Mark suggested i may well add some more rock on the left and maybe a few more plants, it's never finished so i will keep posting pics as things change, grow and develop :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Good stuff Mark.

I see potential in the scape even as it is :thumbup:

Cheers mate, i have finally had a chance to sit down in front of the tank for a while with a cup of coffee and have decided i will be adding more rock on the left tomorrow and probably some more stems behind them during the week :rolleyes: no doubt the first of many changes over the next few weeks :)

Alastair said:
Those crypts will look awesome when theyve filled in. I'm just waiting on delivery of a fair amount to fill up my bow front too. I love how it's looking mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what i am hoping mate, cheers :thumbup:

Arana said:
i have finally had a chance to sit down in front of the tank for a while with a cup of coffee

There's nothing better than that! I love the part straight after planting, when you sit down and have a cupper looking at what you've just done.

Re: Marks 120cm Bay Fronted Jungle (Rescape with Photos)

Have now added a touch of rock on the left, hopefully it gives it more balance...
IMG_3266.jpg

So the plan now it to get Bolbitis to grow along the main branch of the wood and add moss to all the upright bits, hopefully the hydrocotyle vulgaris will spread around and fill in the gaps although i have never grown it before so will have to see how it does in my tank. no doubt i will still be impulse buying everytime i see a new plant i like so will be squeezing in bits here an there as it develops. Also thinking of adding a shoal of vietnamese white cloud minnows and some shrimp.

really like the rock and wood arrangement, maybe the wood could pass in front of the rock in the middle of the tank-instead of behind it? ( a minor gripe) looking foward to your progress.

darren636 said:
maybe the wood could pass in front of the rock in the middle of the tank-instead of behind it?

That's a good suggestion. The added rock is good, but could be a tad bigger maybe. sorry for critiquing too much Mark :oops:

Mark Evans said:
darren636 said:
maybe the wood could pass in front of the rock in the middle of the tank-instead of behind it?

That's a good suggestion. The added rock is good, but could be a tad bigger maybe. sorry for critiquing too much Mark :oops:

Please never stop critiquing mate, i' always learning an listening, it's greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Re: Marks 120cm Bay Fronted Jungle (Knightmare)

OK i woke up this morning hungover and blurry eyed from the new years celebrations to find the water in the tank was like soup, 2 dead pencils, 3 dead ruby barbs and 1 dead otto :woot: :( :thumbdown: i have no idea what has happened, everthing is stable and the same as it has been for a couple of years, the filter is mature and maintained regulary. i imeddiately did 2 large water changes and cleaned the filter any way.. it's still a tad murky but i am monitoring it to see if it starts to clear or gets worse again, all the other fish who were gasping at the surface are now fine. not a very good start to the new year!! something i did in the rescape has triggered it but i can't think what it could be, any ideas or suggestions welcome guys :?:

something has been dropped into or sprayed near your tank maybe?

Back