• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mark's 60cm Opti-White for the Vivarium Show

Arana

I have collected the Tank today, 60 x 30 x 45 braceless, all opti-white for £90!!! I know a few people have been waiting to hear how the build quility is because it's such a cheap price, so i am glad to say it looks excellent :thumbup: nice neat silicon joints although i haven't leak tested it yet. I will post some pics later before i start the scape. The Tank was made in Poland and was in London ready for collection within a week of ordering!

So now i have it the fun begins... :D

Hei good luck with the scape. The price is good. I wonder if their bigger tanks have competitive prices as well. I have found out recently that 60x30x36 ada tank is cheaper than the same manufactured here in uk. TGM has it for around 115£ when the same tank is priced around 140 when made to order.
Looking forward to photos... :clap:

OK festivities over so i can finally make a start...

This is how the tanks was when it came...

DSCI0101.jpg

Really happy with the build quality, the wife thought it was funny that i paid for an opti white, so there was no green in the glass and then placed it front of a green wall :thumbup: ...

DSCI0106.jpg

Leak testing, phew! seems fine :thumbup:

DSCI0112.jpg

Started by adding a layer of Aquabasis...

DSCI0114.jpg

And then a generous layer of Mandao...

DSCI0116.jpg

DSCI0117.jpg

now i can start to play with the hardscape while i wait for a new ballast for the luminaire to be delivered...

DSCI0120.jpg

DSCI0121.jpg

The rocks are a lot bigger than they look in these photos but not as big as i originally planned as i was a bit worried about the weight when we transport it to viv.

Questions and comments always welcome :thumbup:

Looking good Mark. What are your plans for hardscape/planting?
The tank is tall and in order to look filled it needs some high hardscape. Some wood in addition to these rocks wood be good. For iwagumi you would want much higher rocks. All this could be done with plants alone of course as well ;)

How much delivery of the tank cost you btw?

Looks good Mark, I remember they tried to sell me a tank when I went to visit them to view discus last year :)

Look forward to the scape mate.

Piece-of-fish said:
Looking good Mark. What are your plans for hardscape/planting?
The tank is tall and in order to look filled it needs some high hardscape. Some wood in addition to these rocks wood be good. For iwagumi you would want much higher rocks.

How much delivery of the tank cost you btw?

No wood or iwagumi it's been done so many times, it looks rather flat in these photos but i am going to try and create 3 different levels or terraces for planting i can see it in my mind but it will need some tweaking to get there.
i collected the tank myself from W5 London so no delivery charge :thumbup:

mlgt said:
Looks good Mark, I remember they tried to sell me a tank when I went to visit them to view discus last year :)

Look forward to the scape mate.

Thanks mate, they tried to sell me some fake rocks when i was there :lol:

Never mind then. Something new is always good. Curious to hear the planting list :D
So do they have any sort of a shop in London?

Piece-of-fish said:
Never mind then. Something new is always good. Curious to hear the planting list :D
So do they have any sort of a shop in London?

No shop but they do have a website but the prices are out of date so i emailed them for a quote and collected it from the guys house when it arrived from poland here is the web address if you are interested
http://rak-aqua.co.uk/product.php?id_product=157

BTW do i remember you mentioning somewhere you use Wetpets in Romford? if so you are probably not far from me as i am often in there :thumbup:

Arana said:
BTW do i remember you mentioning somewhere you use Wetpets in Romford? if so you are probably not far from me as i am often in there :thumbup:

No, that wasnt me... I am back to walthamstow area now as well. Will drop them an email for couple quotes ;)
When are you planting that one?

Piece-of-fish said:
No, that wasnt me... I am back to walthamstow area now as well. Will drop them an email for couple quotes ;)
When are you planting that one?

Doh! of course i visited you in manor park didn't i :oops: :lol: far too much rum over xmas is obviously still having an effect :p

I managed to blow up my luminaire that i was as going to use on this tank so i am waiting for a replacement ballast from germany, as soon as that arrives i can get planting :thumbup: should be here this week i hope, so it gives me a few days to play around with the hardscape :)

Hello mate

Probably me you spoke to about wetpets :D I'm always in that place haha
Still havnt scaped that large tank in there yet though I was going to ask when they
were planning on doing it n seeing in I could jump in(not the tank) and give them a
hand, if you talk to the guys next time your down ask if they wouldn't mind us coming
along and helping out and possibly getting some photos for a journal on lfkc?

I really hope there going EI and pressurized co2 and do a proper scape.

Back on topic :D

Very smart tank broseph! But why infront of a green wall!!! Haha I was concerned about
the flatness of the hardscape, but if you have a plan and trying something new, good on you.

nayr88 said:
Hello mate

Probably me you spoke to about wetpets :D I'm always in that place haha

Of course it was i remember the dancing avatar now :lol:

I have now added another layer to the rock structure and backfilled with mandao, it now rises from 4cm at the front to 20cm at the back! more photos soon :thumbup:

Yeah bit of a strange avater I know haha.

20cm!! Haha that's some depth!! How well doe it hold shape? I remeber my manando getting chucked around the tank with the flow.

Back