• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marks 60cm

My tank was more or less identical and I could happily run the drop checker so yellow it never went blue over night. I think I see your problem. You're not adding anywhere near enough ferts. I'd take a look at Georges iwagumi, I seem to remember he was adding 5ml or so daily. As ceg says a drop checker can only show you the path it's not a matter of right levels or wrong levels the plants will tell you what they need. Ferts wise I don't know the exact contents of TPN+ but it really does sound like you're massively under dosing for your tank. I'd be nervous with ferts with so many beautiful shrimp though. I know it's safe but they're touchy sods.

Thanks Garuf, without checking I think I am on the recommended dose for TPN?

That's misleading I'm afraid as it's for european low tech style tanks where infrequent dosing is the norm as is very low (comparatively) levels of lighting. I think your best bet would be to PM George. He has the most experience with Tropica products as far as I know. Good luck though, it's a really nice tank it's a shame to see it go to spoil.

hi there,
I'm sure George will set you right but just as a comparison i massively upped the TPN+ dosing on my 54l 2x1x1 tank following advice from ceg4048 after a BGA outbreak. i now dose 5ml daily and noticed MASSIVE improvement in plant growth, and significant reduction in algae. The only problem is that you go through a hell of a lot, so i'll be moving to EI soon!
Hope this helps!
Matt

bigmatt said:
hi there,
I'm sure George will set you right but just as a comparison i massively upped the TPN+ dosing on my 54l 2x1x1 tank following advice from ceg4048 after a BGA outbreak. i now dose 5ml daily and noticed MASSIVE improvement in plant growth, and significant reduction in algae. The only problem is that you go through a hell of a lot, so i'll be moving to EI soon!
Hope this helps!
Matt

Thanks for that Matt, thats 5 times what I dose :wideyed: . I am not getting any algae. Do you keep shrimp in your tank? Just concerned about causing problems my CRS.

Back