• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marks 60cm

Mark Webb

My 60cm Jewel tank was in dire need of a replant so here we go....nothing original

Jewel Tank emptied, corner filter removed and Arcadia T8 Luminaire added

Tank Size 60cm x 30cm x 40cm

Lighting: Arcadia Twin Luminaire - 6 hours

CO²

Filtration: Fluval 305

Substrate: ADA Aquasoil

Hardscape: Petrified Wood

Plants: Blyxa Japonica, Pogostemon helferi, Hemianthus callitrichoides

Fish: Ember Tetra, Crystal Red Shrimp, Cherry Shrimp

RO Water

657896911_Z5yS4-L.jpg

Planted 13 July 09
657897045_GWtYn-L.jpg

After 8 Weeks .... 7 September 09

Water change every 3-4 days and adding 1ml TPN daily. No sign of algae

657897326_jkGfv-L.jpg

Crystal Red with eggs

657897501_44umF-L.jpg

That is so beautiful!!

Makes me realise - I need to take a less is more approach :D

Great growth! Very nice HC in particular. If you prune it back hard it should grow back nice and tight.

The stones are very nice and well-positioned but I would consider replacing them with something larger to suit the dimensions of the tank.

Well done!

George Farmer said:
Great growth! Very nice HC in particular. If you prune it back hard it should grow back nice and tight.

The stones are very nice and well-positioned but I would consider replacing them with something larger to suit the dimensions of the tank.

Well done!

Thanks George. My Pogostemon has done nothing at all so far. Dosing 1ml TPN per day. Any thoughts?

LondonDragon said:
Excellent growth indeed and congrats on the berried shrimp :) any sign of any shrimplets?

Thanks Paulo, no sign of any so far...........

Should be OK, temp 23ºC. They were breeding well in previous tank.

Mark Webb said:
Should be OK, temp 23ºC. They were breeding well in previous tank.
Great stuff :) I managed to get mine breeding, got about 16-20 from the previous batches, but I haven't seen any little shrimplets of late, lets hope mine keep on breeding.

Ember Tetras. These little fellas are perfect for a 60cm, and no threat to the Shrimp.

674245993_RqwXC-L.jpg

Looking poorly now. The Blyxa gradually grew away from the substrate and floated. Growth is poor and colour pale. Now the HC has released from the substrate and has no roots. I am dosing 1ml TPN per day and CO² drop checker is pale green. Lighting is probably insufficient with 2 x T5's on for 6 hours daily

865137096_p9djp-L.jpg

Lighting should be perfect. I suspect there's something else at play here but I don't know what. Most likely co2 and trace related.

sanj said:
I would agree, dont think it is the lighting Mark.

Btw whats happening with the big tank project, I was hoping to see some updates.

Nothing done on the tank yet, I have been under pressure with business but hope to crack on soon.

Garuf said:
Lighting should be perfect. I suspect there's something else at play here but I don't know what. Most likely co2 and trace related.

CO² looks ok on drop checker. I add 1 ml of TPN+ twice a week :?

Back