• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marri [Gone to its new Home]

Re: The Spine

I dont think it was a cat.

If it was then the fish would not be left half eaten in the tank, they would be completely gone or the remnants outside the tank. These arent huge carp they are tiny fish. When a cat attacks fish it swipes with its claws so as to get them out of the water. They dont particualrly like water and therefore want to remove thier rey from it. They certainly arent going to be chewing on fish heads over the tank.

chilled84 said:
Garuf said:
Another reason why I reallllly, hate cats, I had one deliver some still living skinless baby rabbits to my bed once, vile creatures.

Maybe put it in a bin? I wouldn't think twice about it if it'd ate my fish. Failing that find it's owner, charge them for the fish.

Im sorry garuth But if you put a cat in a bin i would personally put you in a bin with wheels and wheel it down the steepest hill i could find. No hard feeling. :D

I was going to say somthing, but you have done it for me. That makes two of us.

Doh, No it was left on the bed not in the tank. Anywhoo, The Lemon Soap seems to be working. nothing Missing this morning.

Never seen this before but on the roots of the azolla, there are lots of little Fine Globules. They Do look like egg sacs, but are VVfine. Now I know what Pest Snail Egg Sacs Look like and they are not those. They almost look like little blobs of Gel that are abot to drip off, off something.

Themuleous said:
They are probably bladders, as Im pretty sure its in the baldderwort family.

Sam

I have no idea what you mean, would you care to elaborate for me.

The Bladders are gone, Dunno Why.
Decided to pop to A5 aquatics after nearly a year. Nothing Changed, Still the same people serving and Still the Same Shocking Way Overpriced Fish. Noticed that Nearly 3/4 of the Aquatic Plants they sell are Non Aquatic, but people still buy them.

Thank Goodness I have 4 Maidenhead nearby now. And a New Aquatics/pet Store Opening in Tile Hill.

sanj said:
And a New Aquatics/pet Store Opening in Tile Hill.

Whats that then Gill?

Dunno, heard that one was opening in the new bannerbrook park shopping centre. was on a midlands today report on the new area.

Re: The Spine [Torn Down - New Tank Coming Soon]

Torn Down Now, And Replanted. Had gotten Very Bored of it.
New Planting is using one of Steveuk's peices of Bogwood and Using Hairgrass as the Background plant.

I was just about to comment on how nice it looked as well :D

When you said used hot glue, did you mean as in a glue gun? Sorry if this is a stupid question, it's just that I tried using a hot glue gun once in a humid reptile viv and it melted..

Mirf said:
I was just about to comment on how nice it looked as well :D

When you said used hot glue, did you mean as in a glue gun? Sorry if this is a stupid question, it's just that I tried using a hot glue gun once in a humid reptile viv and it melted..

Yep just a Hot Glue Gun, Always works fine for me. Have used it for attaching Anubias, Sticking Driftwood/Bogwood together and obviously to attach the Slate to the tank walls.

Thanks for the info, wull give it a try. Will certainly be quicker, not to mention easier, than faffing around with silicone. :D

Possibly it was the combination of high heat and moisture that affected it in the viv....

No New Pix as yet.
Fish Are doing well.
Still not Sure if the Halfbeak is Gravid, Web says to wait and see of she gets fuller and shows the gravid spot like in other livebearers.
Platties are starting to drop fry.
Heterandrias have also started to drop fry, but they are tooo small and only catch glimpses of them as they come out of hiding.
My Male Clown Killi still keeps trying to spawn with one of the Brown HF Females. Silly thing. need to get him a female next time i am nr Hinckley MA.
Gobies are doing well and have settled down, not so much aggro between them.
And My new Pair of Electric Blue Rams have spawned which I Did not think would happen so quickly after purchasing them last week. Stangely though they are letting one of the Assassin Snails stay in the Nesting pit they dug.

:( Rams have covered the nesting pit. No Worries they will get it right another time.

One annoying thing, is I switched to Riccia as the floating plant and now it grows very quickly and I have to remove large amounts of it each month as it blocks out tooo much light. Does look very nice though when the matt of riccia gets nice and thick, and fish spend alot of time swimming around in it.

Having a change round in Stocking, Swapping the Chillis and Platties for Coral Red Platties and some more Halfbeaks.
Found some nice Threadfins online and getting a nice group of them. Chillis can go in with the Shrimps for Now and the platties in with the giant fighters.

Very Happy with the Fish I Bought on Ebay. I worked out that with Petrol Costs I am Actually Saving Over £50 Due to the Fact the prices are Much Lower than the Mark Up in an LFS.
I Do Like travelling round LFS' to look at the Stock and Monitor it before I buy. But In this climate ebay and AQ is So Much Cheaper.
In Prep for them, I removed all the Riccia I could and Replaced it with Frogbit and Salvinia Natans.

I still Have a Few Stragglers to remove from the tank (Fish). New Fish should be here either Tuesday/Wednesday. Can't Wait, as Have Asked for Specific Male/Female Ratios.

Ona side note, this afternoon I could hear a splashing noise coming from the filter. Upon further inspection I found that one of the Stip. Gobies had managed to climb up out of the tank and was munching on the algae growing on the Outlet from the HOB. It did not want to be disturbed, but politley nudged it back into the tank and dropped in some spirulina tabs. silly fish.

Very Happy with the fish and Fast Delivery.
Packaging as normal was excellent.
The Coral Red Platties, look Uber Cute swimming around in a big group.
Halfbeaks are in excellent condition and the females are all gravid.

I'm glad your postal fish arrived ok; I'm extremely wary of buying fish this way as I'm rarely in to receive parcels they'd end up spending a night at the depot and be dead by the time I picked them up!
Re: your excessive amounts of riccia; I bet you could make a few quid selling it on here, TFF and Ebay.

Back