• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marsilea mutica

skinz180189 said:
I've received my Marsilea mutica, and have a dilemma. The plants are about 10-12cm long! I thought it was only going to be a small plant that would carpet well. What on earth can I do with it?

:lol: so you didn't look at that vid or take my advice?....the stuff i got was 30cm tall! :lol: now grows 2cm tall. oh well....

saintly said:
skinz180189 said:
I've received my Marsilea mutica, and have a dilemma. The plants are about 10-12cm long! I thought it was only going to be a small plant that would carpet well. What on earth can I do with it?

:lol: so you didn't look at that vid or take my advice?....the stuff i got was 30cm tall! :lol: now grows 2cm tall. oh well....

Yeah i did look at that Vid. Haven't planted it yet. Wondering WTF to do with the stuff. So by lopping the heads off it stays small?

you've got me stumped now! i've just googled it, where did you get it from? it's not tropica is it?....if its emerged form and like the tropica (the description is the same...4 leafed clover) you cut to about 1 inch, then spit individually and plant. in good conditions you'll see new growth within days (2 in my case) it then spreads easily, trimming it encourages faster growth IME

when planting with basicly what is just a stalk, seems very strange but it does come back. it's the same process for e acicularis. i'm just wondering what other plants this would work for :geek:

it looks similar to what i've got. it does need planting, so if its got emerged leaves they will, in time die off, so it's up to you....plant as it is or be daring ;) and try it the way it shows in the vid.

unless your skint and it's precious to you, I'd go the second way. you can always buy some more.

saintly said:
it looks similar to what i've got. it does need planting, so if its got emerged leaves they will, in time die off, so it's up to you....plant as it is or be daring ;) and try it the way it shows in the vid.

unless your skint and it's precious to you, I'd go the second way. you can always buy some more.

I re flicked through the vid again and never noticed them planting any Marsilea. I think if I hack it back to within an inch of the roots it should be OK. Apparently it doesn't grow very much without CO2, so who knows what will happen!

Back