• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Match fishing

John Starkey

Hi guys,after match fishing for thirty years I have decided to give it up and sell the lot,after losing my youngest son ben to cancer three years ago I have totally lost interest,
So if any of you anglers amongst us want a bargain just pm me.
Regards john.

Nick16 said:
hey, i might be, depends what you have....
Johns shed is like the TGM of the NA world :lol:

soton_dave said:
dont suppose youve got a normark titan 2000?

Hi Ive got a titan 1000,tw0 2000s 1 3000,1 normark avenger,ive got a carbotec no3 float rod,this is the rollsroyce of rods,ive got rods coming out of ears, :lol: :lol:

to be honest ive three of my old mates from the team i used to fish with and they have told me give it one more season and if i still feel the same next year then i will consider it,

regards john.

LondonDragon said:
Sorry to ear about your loss John, I would say carry one fishing!! I wish I could, loved it back home!!

Hi Paulo,thanks for the kind words,its taken me three years to get it right in my head,and i can focus on the happy times we had with ben (thanks George),ben was turning into a decent little angler himself but he was just getting in girls as they do at 18 yrs old so he had lost some interest, but hey life little goes on and we have to focus on the good things in life,
regards john.

Off course John, I couldn't even start to imagine what you went through, but we have to always remember the good times and treasure the moments that they were here with us, thats whats most important. Shame you not anywhere local I would join you in some fishing trips, haven't done in so long that I don't even know how anymore hehe :) keep your head up high, all the best John.

John - I can't begin to imagine how awful it must be for you to have lost Ben. Maybe it's worth considering the advice of the people who know you though - it wouldn't hurt to keep your gear a while longer and maybe getting back into it might feel like the right thing to do one day - especially if it's something you shared together. I'm not presuming to know what is right for you - you'll know somewhere inside whether it's the right thing to do.

If you ever do get back into it - can I come along? I've always fancied fishing - I'm not squeamish - I'll bait my own hooks!

john starkey said:
soton_dave said:

Hi Ive got a titan 1000,tw0 2000s 1 3000,1 normark avenger,ive got a carbotec no3 float rod,this is the rollsroyce of rods,ive got rods coming out of ears, :lol: :lol:

to be honest ive three of my old mates from the team i used to fish with and they have told me give it one more season and if i still feel the same next year then i will consider it,

regards john.

sounds like best idea to me,i didnt fish for about two years a few years back so thought id sell my gear,god knows where the £2500ish went that i got for it.....lol,bloody women.

loving your collection of normarks,i'd give me right blahblahblahblahblahblahblah for that collection(3 kids so don't really need it.....pmsl)ive got an original titan match thats always first out of the holdall whether im trotting on the river or using a waggler on a lake,had a look at the titan 2's in the tackle shop not too long ago but ther not a scratch on the old ones.got myself a pole a few weeks ago and enjoying it but cant wait till the 16th to get back on the rivers :D

good luck with what you choose,shame your so far away otherwise i would have come out on the bank with you.

cheers dave

CeeBee said:
John - I can't begin to imagine how awful it must be for you to have lost Ben. Maybe it's worth considering the advice of the people who know you though - it wouldn't hurt to keep your gear a while longer and maybe getting back into it might feel like the right thing to do one day - especially if it's something you shared together. I'm not presuming to know what is right for you - you'll know somewhere inside whether it's the right thing to do.

If you ever do get back into it - can I come along? I've always fancied fishing - I'm not squeamish - I'll bait my own hooks!
Hi ceebee,I think we should have a Ukaps fishing day,the ideal place would be boddington res near daventry,there's quite a few of us who like to dangle the maggot,anyway I think I will hang to my gear a bit longer,it would be nice if you and Leigh were ever near Worcester to pop in and see my setups,I will have three in all soon.Take care john.

soton_dave said:
john starkey said:
soton_dave said:

regards john.

sounds like best idea to me,i didnt fish for about two years a few years back so thought id sell my gear,god knows where the £2500ish went that i got for it.....lol,bloody women.

Hi dave ,there are some great rivers near me but my fav is the river Wye in Hereford awesome fishing,
Regards john

loving your collection of normarks,i'd give me right blahblahblahblahblahblahblah for that collection(3 kids so don't really need it.....pmsl)ive got an original titan match thats always first out of the holdall whether im trotting on the river or using a waggler on a lake,had a look at the titan 2's in the tackle shop not too long ago but ther not a scratch on the old ones.got myself a pole a few weeks ago and enjoying it but cant wait till the 16th to get back on the rivers :D

good luck with what you choose,shame your so far away otherwise i would have come out on the bank with you.

cheers dave

john starkey said:
Hi ceebee,I think we should have a Ukaps fishing day,the ideal place would be boddington res near daventry,there's quite a few of us who like to dangle the maggot,anyway I think I will hang to my gear a bit longer,it would be nice if you and Leigh were ever near Worcester to pop in and see my setups,I will have three in all soon.Take care john.

Well, I've quote that invite so that you can't rescind it later ;) We'll certainly come over and see your setups sometime, John. I like the idea of a days fishing too - I've been trying to get someone to take me fishing for years. I did once try my hand at it off the pier at Falmouth but I only managed to catch a passing seagull, which was pretty stressful for all concerned. I've not tried fishing since!

Back