• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Matts 60L Jungle Edge (update 27/09/09)

Re: Matts 60L

A quick Q matt:

"0.5 ml PNT+
1.0 ml PNT
0.5 ml easy-carbo"

Is this daily?

Also, I am using TPN+, should I also be using TPN?

Tanks looking good by the way

Ger

TPN+ is just regular TPN with added N and P, so you don't really need to add TPN (unless you like the extra cost). Tropica recommend 5ml per 50L each week for both products. I use the recommended dosage as I would EI, so dose 6ml TPN+ three times a week and do a 50% WC.
HC likes it's CO2 and looks best if kept trimmed so as soon as it has rooted properly and begun to send out runners you should give it the first trim. Any sign of deficiencies or stunted growth you up the CO2 and ferts!
Cracking scape btw. I love crypts :D

i use the PNT and the PNT+ so i dont add too much P and N in the tank with only a few fish in there. i have a small bottle of PNT+ and a large bottle of PNT, i also do the wc every week, my doasage is every day. due to the water containing a lot of chlorine and heavy metals i have to use an RO filter then add back the minarals (which is the only way round i have found) and it works quite well!!

Thanks Matt

Great looking tank Matt. :clap:

Where did you get your lighting unit from or did it come with the tank?

Thanks, Rob.

Thnaks, the light came with the tank, it works well but will be a problem to find replacment bulbs for. it uses a 24W T4!? :crazy:

i have some updated picks to put on tonight!!

Thanks for looking Matt

ok time for a quick update,

i have had a few small algae problems because the tank hasnt had the atention it needs all because i am moveing house.

all the plants are growing well the hc is filling out and it is looking good.
most of the srimp have eggs under them and look verry healthy even after i gassed the tank with co2 and lost 6 of the harlequens (only got 3 now :arghh: )

got to move the tank this weekend have been putting it off for as long as i could but it needs to be done :rolleyes:

i need a new light the areas at the edges of the tank have had verry little growth i think this is because the bulb in the light is quite small and in the middle of the lamp unit. will have to see what i can find.

ok this is the latest pick,

94536831.jpg

Thanks for looking Matt

Re: Matts 60L Jungle Edge

Thanks for your comment :D , when i move the tank i will have more time to look after this so i can get this scape loking its best!!

Matt

Cool first time I've looked at this one. I really like the contrast of English lawn and Costa Rican rain forest! The fish choice is really nice too. Regards - Tom

I moved the tank to my new house on friday and it went with out any problems, i left all inhabiants in the tank and removed all but about 3 inches of water (which made it light enough to cary). only a slight disturbance to the AS and slight murkyness to the water until i refilled the tank to half way with old tank water and the rest of the way with fresh water. to make it more like a 50% water change. i then rescued the shrimp from my filter and modified my inlet to help stop them getting sucked up again. got some more fish from the shop (rasbora harlequins) after i gassed most of my last ones with co2 :arghh: (which i am still a bit mad at myself for doing!!!).

will get some picks of the tank where it is and post them up.

Thanks again for your nice comments and for looking.

Matt

not trimed anything in he tank yet all the moving house just havnt had time, will be doing some tidying tonight to make this look a bit more presentable!!

Thanks again for looking Matt

I have one of these systems, I've been impressed with it so far. Have you changed the light or left it as it is?
I'm still wondering wether to change mine but its very early days, and everything seems to be growing ok.
I was thinking of upgrading to a pressurised CO2 system before changing the light though.

Thanks TDI i got some updated picks but have lost my connection cable in the move will put them on soon. :D

The tank is quite good i dont have much of the system left now have changed the filter i will be changing the light and i dont use the stand anymore!!!

the filter is a hang on type and the turn over is a bit low for a planted tank, the light is quite good but bulb is in the middle meaning the sides of the tank are quite a bit darker and some of the plants in my jungle :lol: are suffering a bit with the lower light.

i have an T5 on the way soon will be making some suspension brackets for it!!

Thanks for looking Matt

mattyc said:

That is a very low HC carpet. Great job! I bet that took forever to initially plant. I like the use of crypts and their play on the wood as well. Manzanita, correct?

llj :)

The Crypy I used is Cryptocoryne undulata (Broad leaves) it has filled out a lot since that pick i realy need to find the cables so i can upload the picktures!!!! :oops:

Thanks again for your nice comments.
Matt

Re: Matts 60L Jungle Edge long awated update

ok i have found the cable to connect my camara so i can now do my update!!

i have had a few small algae problems because of the move but other than that it is going well. i need to give some of the plants a tidy up some parts of them look a bit tatty!! but these are the latest picks (sorry about the bad photos my camara is my phone!! :( )

Image0114.jpg

Image0116.jpg

Image0119.jpg

Image0117.jpg

Thanks again for looking, any comments are welcome.

Matt

What fish are they? because im looking for tank mates for cherry shrimp.

Back