• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Matts 60L Jungle Edge (update 27/09/09)

Re: Matts 60L Jungle Edge

they are harlequins any fish that is small wont bother your cherries. if they wont fit in their mouth they shouldnt eat them!! :D

Matt

I will be doing a trim this week end i have finished my floor now so i have more time!! i want to replave the HC with something else low liying that will carpet and look good but not need the maintance of hc. does anyone have an idea of what i can use.

Matt

mattyc said:
I will be doing a trim this week end i have finished my floor now so i have more time!! i want to replave the HC with something else low liying that will carpet and look good but not need the maintance of hc. does anyone have an idea of what i can use.

Matt

hairgrass, marsilea,

i like to hair grass, might try and mix the two you have said, and go for a bit of a swamp look :D

Matt

looking great matt. i didn't read properly, but what's your dosing?.

i see a bit of GSA on your crypts leaves. a bit more po4 should sort that, or raise the lighting slightly and it should go.

i Had it in autumn blush on a few anubias leaves, followed my own advice and they are now spotless again.

saintly said:
looking great matt. i didn't read properly, but what's your dosing?.

i see a bit of GSA on your crypts leaves. a bit more po4 should sort that, or raise the lighting slightly and it should go.

i Had it in autumn blush on a few anubias leaves, followed my own advice and they are now spotless again.

raise the lighting?

aaronnorth said:
raise the lighting?

yes. confusing. i mean make the light physically higher above the tank or switch of tubes.lower the intesity.

I only have 1 x MH so i raise it. sorry, didn't explain myself :D

there is only one tube in the light so i cant reduce the intencity and the light is a bit cheep there isnt a option to hang it above tha tank :( so it will have to stay like that for now it is only a 24w!! :crazy: i will be changing this soon to an arcadia unit suspended above the tank so it showes the wood better. i should have the light at the end of the week maby the begining of next week(depending on when i get payed). there is a bit of ramshorn algae in there too :( :arghh: but i am getting on top of it.

I didnt even think i would get this far with the tank last time i just had a hair algae tank (was realy nice) :lol: just not a troo planted tank!!!

I trimmed the HC today and i found where the tiny shrimplets live lol think they hate me now!!

I use PNT and TPN+ in the tank at 0.8ml PNT and 0.5 ml TPN+ (because i need to use up the TPN then just use the + stuff) i also put in 1ml of excell, this is daily. i want to get onto EI but i need to use up the stuff i have first!!

Thanks for your comments and advice.

Matt :D

Re: Matts 60L Jungle Edge New T5 Lighting

a quick update, i have upgraded the light on the tank to an arcadia T5 unit which looks a little silly because it is 200mm to long so i have a Hagen Glo T5 light unit on order. i have had a big trim of the HC also which upset the baby shrimp hiding in there!! :twisted:

With ott lighting unit and packet of cookies on the side(aquarist food ;) ),
Image0130.jpg

and just to compaire growth this is the tank when first planted,
image0093.jpg

More picks to follow after the prune.

Re: Matts 60L Jungle Edge Big Trim!

Just thaught i would add an update after a big trim i have just done on mainly the HC well here are the picks,

HC
Image0131.jpg

Fish looking like they do this all the time!!
Image0132.jpg

crypts being cleaned
Image0134.jpg

Shrimp
Image0133.jpg

full tank shot
Image0135.jpg

Here is a few picks of my other tank which is being replaced (when aquariums ltd make it)
Image0137.jpg

Image0138.jpg

Image0139.jpg

Back