• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Max temps during dry start.

Nick potts

Hi all.

I know it is going to vary based on the plant but what is the max temp you would be allowing during dry start?

My house is currently sitting at 26c and the tank with the lights off and covered at 34c, I imagine much higher with the t5's on (haven't checked that yet). I have a fan now setup blowing over the tank with it slightly uncovered, I have upped the misting and added a fogger but I have noticed the plants drying out very quickly.

Any advice.

Cheers

Hi all,
I have a fan now setup blowing over the tank with it slightly uncovered, I have upped the misting and added a fogger but I have noticed the plants drying out very quickly.
Cooler would be better, but I'd be more concerned about the humidity than the temperature. I think you would be better with a higher temperature and less air movement.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, Cooler would be better, but I'd be more concerned about the humidity than the temperature. I think you would be better with a higher temperature and less air movement.

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel, can cooler you would recommend?

Humidity is at 100%, the fogger is working quite well, just needs filling a few times a day.

Well the % water in air varies with temp

1597254692468.png

So the warmer the air more water the air will hold, will have to be below 40 as will kill the plants so I would say between 20 and 30 should be fine, below 20 plants will grow slower also.

Fan is a NO NO for DSM, but 34 should be OK too IMO

Well the % water in air varies with temp

View attachment 153035

So the warmer the air more water the air will hold, will have to be below 40 as will kill the plants so I would say between 20 and 30 should be fine, below 20 plants will grow slower also.

Fan is a NO NO for DSM, but 34 should be OK too IMO

Thank you Zeus.

I should point out the fan is mostly there to help dissipate some of the heat from the t5's.

Temps up to 36c with lights on today ☀☀☀

I have a set of maxscpect razor leds that I will have to dig out the loft, see if that helps any, but I remember the fans on that push out heat downwards towards the tank. :(

I live in hawaii and it got pretty hot during my dry start. The temp in my tank would get up to 88 F during the day and 75 F at night. iI kept the humidity at 100% by using the method of having an air pump pushing air into a bottle of water and then into the tank to help keep the humidity constant through out the day. Hope this helps

Back