• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Max's tank!

Maximumbob

I took a snap of my main tank today. The camera is on my mobile phone, so dont be expecting a David Bailey shot!!!

Its a RIO 180 litre, DIY CO2, 2 X 38W T5 arcadia plant pro, inert substrate with JBL balls.

Fert, normal dosing is Pot sulph and trace twice a week.

I get my nitrate from my fish, and my phos from the tap water.

I have recently put API phoszorb and purigen into my filter and I am very happy with the results. I am resting the plants atm and will resume fert dosing soon.

I also experimented with the new gallery feature... lets see if I got it right?!?!?

Click here to be magically transported to the UKAPS gallery!!!!!!!!!!

to give you a little taster ....
IMAGE_002.jpg

the full size pic is on UKAPS gallery :)

Nice looking tank!

Do you find you need the JBL balls, or are they just added as a luxury item for your heavy rootfeeders?

Secondly, I like the Echinodorus tenellus foreground. i used to have one but i found it very high maintenance in a high tech tank.

Have you got a post prune picture?

Dave.

thanks Dave,

The JBL root balls are there for 2 reasons

1) my substrate is inert, and they provide extra nutrients.

2) As you guessed they are under the heavy root feeders.

I'm doing a prune tomorrow (if I have time before I go on holidays!!) I'll try and get a picture up when I return. Maybe on something a little better than my mobile. I'll have to wait and see.

Max

Back