• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Maxspect Gyre Issue

KirstyF

Got a weird issue with my Maxspect Gyre.

I have two gyres attached to my controller and have both set on Manual mode, permanent flow (single straight arrow) at 20%. Gyre B has for some reason stopped working and is showing on the controller as off.

When I scroll through the settings and put Gyre B on the permanent flow setting it will not allow me to move to the flow rate setting and is flashing an orange spanner symbol which would indicate a fault of some kind I assume.

If I put it into pulse mode however, it works just fine so the pump is functioning, It seems like it is just that setting that’s not working.

Any ideas??

Copying in @Zeus as I know he has gyres but anyone else who has any clue, please do chip in.

Thanks guys.

Sounds a bit odd to me also. I take it you have swapped Gyre cables over to see if the fault is with the gyre or the controller ? I would do the same with the PSU supply cables also to see if it is anything to do with the PSU. Have you updated to the latest firmware?. If all else fails its on to Maxspect, I have to get a replacement controller when mine had a similar issue. The replacement controller (FOC) resolved my issue and when I tried the faulty controller weeks later it worked fine. The support from Maxspect was excellent.

I'm not at home atm kirsty but the flashing spanner symbol suggests you're in the settings mode.

Yes, but doesn’t it normally flash blue rather than orange!🤔

Sounds a bit odd to me also. I take it you have swapped Gyre cables over to see if the fault is with the gyre or the controller ? I would do the same with the PSU supply cables also to see if it is anything to do with the PSU. Have you updated to the latest firmware?. If all else fails its on to Maxspect, I have to get a replacement controller when mine had a similar issue. The replacement controller (FOC) resolved my issue and when I tried the faulty controller weeks later it worked fine. The support from Maxspect was excellent.

No I hadn’t swapped the cables but have just done that very thing (fully powered down, unplugged, swapped, re-started) and dadaaaa, both gyres are now working perfectly with all settings functional. Go figure. 🤪

I did power down and power back up again earlier, without any change, but maybe it’s just had a glitch and has re-set itself.

I’m putting it down to a bad hair day……we all have them. 😂

Thanks for the tip @Zeus. Maybe not quite what you were expecting but it worked, so that’s good for me. 👍😊

Back