• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

maybe its just me..

Alastair said:
No mate they've done layouts Before but just not as many and as nice as the ones featured now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just me then :lol:

I do like oliver knott tanks, will have to spend some time and find some more..

easerthegeezer said:
Alastair said:
No mate they've done layouts Before but just not as many and as nice as the ones featured now :)

just me then :lol:

I do like oliver knott tanks, will have to spend some time and find some more..

Ha ha me too. There's a site, can't remember off the top of my head that has tons of tanks he's done.
Wonder if tropica realise they've spelt Dans surname wrong on his scapes :-/

Also, Layout 52 by Graeme... the thumbnail shows an Aponogeton in the scape but its disappeared when you click to see the larger image, hehe. Some stunning scapes in there though... Will be checking them all out later.

They do have some nice layouts... I like that they break them down in ease of difficulty!

Antipofish said:
Also, Layout 52 by Graeme... the thumbnail shows an Aponogeton in the scape but its disappeared when you click to see the larger image, hehe. Some stunning scapes in there though... Will be checking them all out later.

The Aponogeton got pruned at various stages. I think it looks better gone as it shows off the rolling landscape much better.

One of my better scapes.

Graeme Edwards said:
Antipofish said:

The Aponogeton got pruned at various stages. I think it looks better gone as it shows off the rolling landscape much better.

One of my better scapes.

One of the many Graeme :) I liked it with it in, although its one of my fave plants. But I see what you mean about better showing the landscape structure with it gone now too :) Nice to see you on here. Do you have any tanks on the go at all ? I know you said you were busy with other stuff at the moment.

Thanks.

I am a very busy chap these days. Ive just started my 3rd year degree in Countryside Conservation and Recreation management. Its a very expensive course and demands most, if not all of my mental time. Plus I have a wedding im planning that coincides with the end of my study - as well as having a full time, demanding job. So as you can see, planting a tank is not that high on my to do list. You dont want to see what is sat next to me right now, lol.

Having said that, I have a little nano im going to plant up at some point....and try my hardest to keep it looking nice. Very slow, low maint planting just to keep my galaxy rasbora and my pygmy corys happy.

It seems such a simple thing to look after a tank, but if your head is full of other things and your goosed from working nearly 24/7, its not at all easy.

Cheers.

Graeme Edwards said:
Thanks.

I am a very busy chap these days. Ive just started my 3rd year degree in Countryside Conservation and Recreation management. Its a very expensive course and demands most, if not all of my mental time. Plus I have a wedding im planning that coincides with the end of my study - as well as having a full time, demanding job. So as you can see, planting a tank is not that high on my to do list. You dont want to see what is sat next to me right now, lol.

Having said that, I have a little nano im going to plant up at some point....and try my hardest to keep it looking nice. Very slow, low maint planting just to keep my galaxy rasbora and my pygmy corys happy.

It seems such a simple thing to look after a tank, but if your head is full of other things and your goosed from working nearly 24/7, its not at all easy.

Cheers.
i salute your fortitude chap, i have a bunch of folders to start for a horticulure course, only basic, but the thought of opening them is making me feel queezy. :sick:

I know the feeling. Ive only been back one week and I have a 5000 word project to do of my choice and one that is a 3000 word essay on Tourism in the Countryside. Plus 5 more over the coming months. AND I have to pay for it, over £2K for this year alone. I must be mad.

My 5000 word essay is going to be more science based I think. Im talking with Troels Anderson and Ole Pederson of Tropica. Both have a wealth of aquatic ecology experience. Ole, is a professor of aquatic system and teaches around the world. Great guys, so im hoping they can give me some ideas.
Im thinking of either looking at the effects of climate on aquatic plant life, linking to global warming, or, Eutrophication - how does fertiliser run off effect aquatic life - linked to modern farming and chemical practices and the loss of wetland habitats.

Im a landscaper by trade at the moment, so im thinking of doing the RHS qualifications after this. Either that or go into the Masters, but thats serious money and time. Maybe in a few years...

Always learning...

hi, i must admit to have used one of these layouts.i planted up layout 45 by eduard gercog,i have stuck pretty much to the layout but i had a couple of plants from previous that i wanted to keep.it is in a 175 ltr tank.i am using liquid carbon and running the tank as a long term lowish maintainance set up.i planted it a few weeks ago and it coming on nicely.some people will probably think it is cheating but i do have another tank which is my own work but i am not as happy with that.i think they are a good idea to get you started and help inspire you.thanks,skankypup.

Back