MDF cutting

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by whitey, 14 Oct 2009.

1. whitey

whitey Newly Registered

Hi. Anyone knows a company Dorset Poole area, where I can buy couple of pieces of MDF particular size for DIY cabinet?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Garuf

Garuf Member

I've known most timber merchants to do it if you ask. Just ask about it over the phone it's normally free since it's just a matter of changing the guides on a bench saw.

3. chilled84

chilled84 Member

I agree with above. I know totem timber do it for you for 50p a cut and BandQ do it also for free. They are your best bets.

4. whitey

whitey Newly Registered

Cheers. That guys from B&Q in Poole said they not cutting to sizes. They can cut particular length some ready to table tops nothing else. I need to ask them again. Thanks

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

My local homebase will cut wood to size I believe. You might find that if you have one local, they will too? You have to buy the materials from them I believe.

6. chilled84

chilled84 Member

forgot that one above. I used them once too. Yes they do cut i remember them now. I used them for my fireplace. But yes you defo need to buyt from them unless you know someone in there lol. Like always.