• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Me and my new toy Aprillia.

Graeme Edwards

Founder
Well, things happen in our lives that take us into new directions. My latest event was a bit of a shock to put it mildly. But with that unforeseen change Ive managed to get one of these. Its the pleasure pain scenario, Ive had the pain...now heres the pleasure.
Shes loyal ( unlike the last ride I had :twisted: ) she reliable ( unlike the last ride I had :twisted: ) and she has better curves ( unlike the last ride i had :twisted: ) she gorgious...dont you think???? :D

My Aprillia Pegaso 650 X trail!!!!!
Ive been out into North Wales today, round Cloginog, Llyn Brenig, Llangollen, horse shoes pass, Ponarossa then back home... about 180 miles, first proper ride out since passing my test.

Cheers.

Wow Graeme that's fantastic. Nothing like a good ride to free the mind. Smart bike and jacket to match then. Often thought about getting a trail bike but without going a long way there's very little space to ride it round here. Still got my 1200 Suzuki Bandit I had last year when we met up at Georges.

Be safe
James

Cheers.
Good bikes the Bandits. I was tawn between this and the Er6n, ut considering what and where I want to go, this is the better option. Its trips to Jonagrouts and around Scotland first, Devon as well, and then next year the EU.
inspired by Ewan and Charlie you might say. Bikes have been in the family, so it was always on the cards.
My mate has an XT660, same engine and bike as mine essentialy....so we are on the same wave length as th where to go.
Im looking at getting some Alpos panier's too.
I just want to disappear to far off places, EU cities etc. With no reason to ruh back and only my self to think about, its only me stopping me!

Wey hey! Love it mate. Don't forget a trip to Dav City in your long list of far off, exotic destinations LOL
It looks like your gonna have some serious fun with her mate, happy days!

Nice one squire!!!!!

Don`t let anyone or anything come between you and your new found happiness. ;)

It`s a big old world out there and well worth seeing.

Dave.

Deffinatly fella's.
You lot know more than the rest whats been going on in my world, so your so right, time to get out there and see what ive been missing.
The day I got the bike i put this on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7 ... re=related ya just gota.
I want to get an Ipod and play this going through the highlands or some place like that!!! Ya got bob ya head to this!
The sence of freedome is awesome! 8)

Cheers.

How's the bike going Graeme?

I bought myself a Yamaha YBR125 as starter bike to learn on but I really like the look of yours!

Do it Steve - you'll not regret it. I've had my bike since Sunday and now commute to work and I love every single second of it. I'm already looking forward to getting a bigger bike, but as the oh has taken up biking too, it's a bit dear for both of us to do our tests and buy bigger ones together.

Once you do a CBT (days' worth of training for about £100) you can ride up to 125cc for up to 2 years without either passing a test or doing another CBT.

Hi....

The bike is awesome, although I cant help already think about my next bike...!!! Definitely bigger....the BMW GS or HP2.
Ive done some great rides on it. I dont tend to stay to the A roads, the bikes a go anywhere bike so thats just what i do.
The last ride I did was a 250 mile day out, up and down dale with a mate of mine. Its great living with North Wales and Snowdonia on the door step. I did a ride out one day where I was basically off roading it...serious bum clenching stuff for a new rider, but thats where the adventure is for me. Ive done some off road track through Clloginog...not sure if I was aloud, but there was no signs or restriction so I thought Im going for it! Act dumb if I was stopped.
Ive had a few scary moments though, where anything different, I might be in allot of trouble, IE broken bones ect.....You shake you head and say to your self, "dont do that again you bloody idiot".
Im itching to head up to Scotland soon, im just so busy and its still summer holidays for the kids, so im holding off for now. Two great hobby's, motorbiking and Photography wrapped up in one...brilliant!
To give you an idea about how cheap on fuel they are. I did one trip,over 150 mikes and it cost around £12 on my bike. Single cylinders are more efficient but can shake and grunt abit, but they sound cool too. My next bike will be a twin for sure.
Bear in mind the new tests come into play in October, the cost will go up and its going to be alot harder to find a test centre too.

DOIT!!!

Me on the left of the picture and my mate Mike.

Cheers.

I'll only have a bike when I feel old enough mentally :lol:

I sold my Vitesse Turbo because I couldn't keep it under 100mph, and my wife is forever shouting at me to stop screwing the Clio :lol:

Back