• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Me and my new toy Aprillia.

Just started mate - me and the OH did our CBT's last week, he's got a baby Varadero and I picked up my YBR125 last Sunday and been commuting every day this week. We'll do direct access next year and get bigger ones. I seriously like Graeme's but perhaps not for my first big bike (and not without it being lowered!)

cool. i like to see women on bikes. ive allways wanted to take my test but i know i'd end up killing myself.

bike carefylly mind ;) your still new to it

mark

lol I most certainly will - most of my riding is in traffic so careful is the only way I can do it atm. In fast the best bit I've had so far was picking it up from outside Shrewsbury - lots of nice country roads around there.

I'm not your average biker chick btw - you know the signs you've heard put outside bars saying "no bikers, no fat chicks"? Well, I'd be barred on both counts :lol:

ulster exile said:
I'm not your average biker chick btw - you know the signs you've heard put outside bars saying "no bikers, no fat chicks"? Well, I'd be barred on both counts :lol:

nah, your the coolest cus you keep planted tanks too :lol: now thats cool

Nice little bike the Varadero's. Best thingh to do is just go for it. I was abit nervous about getting on the Pegaso, only becaus of its stature. Its a single so its not going to flip me off when im riding like a pleb. They have been given great reviews for new riders. High up right riding position, manageble power and wide bars make for a really eay ride.Honestly, its not that hard, its a mental thing. Those who say they would kill them selfs perhaps dont have much self controle,that why they might push too far. Its not the bike or car, its the driver/rider thats in controle. Obviously there are some serious muppets out there on both side, all we as riders need to do is pre-empt car drivers and know our limits. Both my Dad and brother have got into bother on thier bikes. My bro's got hit head on by a car driver cutting a corner trying to take the faster line, didnt even stop to see if he was ok....think it was a rover and an old man :twisted: Other crashes he has where is falt. He can be abit of a nutter. My dad got wiped out by car driver pulling out of a junction....allmost happend to me first week I got my bike. Theres no dout its dangerous, but so is walking to the shops.
I LOVE the freedome and sence of adventure. Plus its great for location spotting for places to eat, camping, nature photography allsorts.

I've always thought about getting a bike license, I've always been into bikes in some way or another from watching the Moto GP and my mates all having bikes. I think I might just go for it next year and get a little rev 'n' rip scooter and then finally upgrade to my dream bike* The MV Agusta F4 1078 RR 312*. For those who have'nt seen this bike you should look it up, it's an absolute stonker of a motorcycle 8)

Here it is http://www.mvagusta.co.uk/_motorcycles/f41078/index.php

If I was buying a factory bike, I'd go for something like a Harley V-Rod Muscle!

v_rod_vrscb_3.jpg

Otherwise I'd buy a Russell Mitchell special - the Trike! :D

trike2.jpg

The MV's are lovely bike, and have the price tag to match. IM not into sports bikes really, but I do love the look and sound of the Ducati's.
I never liked the Harley's for years, then they seem to change the whole design of the bikes, they look my retro than old if ya know what mean. The leather saddle bags are a thing of the past for the new models. The Harly made buell's are dream machines, absolutely love those bike, they sound AWESOME, I would have one just to wake the neighbors,lol.

Hi guys,i passed my test many moons ago and i have rode a few bikes in my time,some of you guys wont remember the days of telegram boys at royal mail,we used to ride bsa 175 bantams we used to have some fun me and the other lads on them bikes,the most funny thing that happened to me was in the high street in worcester i wasnt looking where i was going and i ended up in the back of a removal van funny or what, the best bike i rode in my opinion a long time ago was a bike called a laverda mirage it was a red bike gorgeous looking thing and man was it quick,it belonged to my sisters first husband and he let me have a go many a time,the only bike i have ever owned was a honda 650cbr i was quite quick and my favourite day out ride was the elan valley resevior run,anyway ride safely graham but most of all have fun,regards john.

That laverda mirage looks a lot like some of the bikes in the first Mad Max film! Very cool :)

I've been cycling on the roads a lot, as I commute the poxey 2.5 miles to work by bicycle. We have some pretty anoying junctions with idiot drivers. I think I could transfer to a motorbike quite easily, as long as I remember not to cross over the busy A road using the pedestrian crossing :lol:

Back