• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Measured amount of water required fast

dean

Hi you intelligent lot
I need to find a way to fill containers with a set amount of water fast
I’m not one off you electronics genesis so please make it simple English

Let’s say I have a 50 gallon drum sat on the floor and I somehow want to pump up and out small frequent measured amounts of water and all I want to do is click a switch each time I want say 100ml

Any suggestions welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power head with a float switch. Depending on your head height, floor to tank top will determine your pump size. I use smaller power head type pumps on my sumps, tank to sump, and use the float switch to safe guard against an overflow in the sump.

Dirk

I don’t think they could do fast and frequent
Can they dispense 100ml every 2-3 seconds .

My experience with dosing pumps is limited, but I don't think there are any (hobby ones anyway) that will do that, they are more designed to pump small amounts accurately and not fast

How accurate does it need to be? A float switch with a pump as mentioned above may work

There’s no control with a float switch
I can’t see how one would control taking out 100ml of water from a barrel

There needs to be some sort of valve that measures the flow then buts out the pump at the set limit

Hi you intelligent lot

Let’s say I have a 50 gallon drum sat on the floor and I somehow want to pump up and out small frequent measured amounts of water and all I want to do is click a switch each time I want say 100ml

Any suggestions welcome

You need a bottle filling machine. There are quite a few on Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B087Q6BCNZ

peristaltic pump mini 220 series - wmcpumps.com

The 30rpm 3 roller pump here (@240v) will pump 35ml per minute (1.18ml per rev), so run for 3 minutes give 100ml odd.

I have seen these type high flow peristaltic pumps used in the marine world, to remove a quantity of dirty water and pump a set amount of new water back.

Hi you intelligent lot

Any suggestions welcom
Sorry to rain on your parade.
To put it on simple English, you can't have it without complicated measuring tools and electronics. Except if you go manually and use the measuring jug.
If you can detail the full process required,... what are the 100ml for?... is it going in the same container or different?... same level? And so on...
We need more information in order to try helping you....

Imagine a production line of 100 containers all needing to be filled one at a time with a measured amount of water
Let’s say 100ml as a volume just to get ideas
Perfect for high flow peristaltic pump, used by the marine boys to continuously change water.

Peristaltic pump removes 100ml of water in a couple of mins to a drain, every so often and another pump (with float valve to stop over fill) pumps replacement water from premixed 50G drum located miles away from tank. Just need a float/level valve on 50G drum to prevent water being pumped out of the tank if refill drum is empty, all simple wiring, no electronics involved.

Perfect for high flow peristaltic pump, used by the marine boys to continuously change water.

Peristaltic pump removes 100ml of water in a couple of mins to a drain, every so often and another pump (with float valve to stop over fill) pumps replacement water from premixed 50G drum located miles away from tank. Just need a float/level valve on 50G drum to prevent water being pumped out of the tank if refill drum is empty, all simple wiring, no electronics involved.

A peristaltic pump would have been my first choice, but the OP wants it done in 2-3 seconds rather than minutes.

Needs to be seconds not minutes

Back