• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mechanical and Biological filtration in different filters.

I think you may struggle with the aquaclear and CO2, only because of how these filters return the water, rather than a flow across the tank like a standard filter it pours down into the tank, this means the circulation of co2 might not be great. I would be sticking with the external as well.
It seems to be doable.

That's a 80 liters tank that seems to be running just with an Aquaclear 30. I guess the secret is to always have a high level water. So the CO2 doesn't flunctuate too much.

It seems to be doable.

That's a 80 liters tank that seems to be running just with an Aquaclear 30. I guess the secret is to always have a high level water. So the CO2 doesn't flunctuate too much.

The secret in the case of the video above is it is Filipe Oliveira :) He understands aquarium plants and husbandry on a very high level. He could probably run a successful tank using a candle lol

I am not saying it's not possible, just that these filters are harder to work with than a typical external filter or filter with a traditional output. You'll also notice he is using a surface skimmer which helps with flow

Back