• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Memorable Night / My 20 liter ADA Nano

Today finaly i had a chance to replace the green eheim shower which i hated on this scape. :D
also added in an ada glass thermometer, the transparent one. looks kewl i guess.

so a few shots maybe you find some good one from this. as all the gears are in, now the main goal will be to maintain the scape. i love the fact that nothing distract my eyes from the scape now ;)

for larger res please check my flickr page.

3660973440_79c05074fb.jpg

3660973934_3526dfffd8.jpg

3660975040_88bdce785f.jpg

3660173347_045eef348a.jpg

oh the Sulawesi Cardinals looks happy in this scape :lol:

a bit of an update on this Nano.

I had a bit of an algae issue in the past few weeks. (still in progress :) ) probably because of the additional natural light which comes into my living room around the summer time.

so after i limited the lights from 10 hours to 9, shifted the lighting time from 12-9pm (from 9am to 7pm) looks like things are getting better. Additionaly i feels like my ADA Green Bacter which i started to use perform well. The water is extremly clear. No greenish color.

This week i filled up the front of the tank with some remaining ADA Nile Sand. So the shore is there again ;)
Cardinal Shrimps love that. They walk very ofthen there with their white gloves :D

Pushed back HC a little. Trimmed that down earlier and this start to look ok again. The rotala sp green cutted this week so this is too short on far right.

The photos below i just did to capture the new sand on the front. Sorry i did not prepared welll for shooting. My glasses need some cleaning. But i thought this worth to share with you guys.

3723785593_74a66e7a35.jpg

3723784637_7e8ce1d0b5.jpg

I made a few shots a week before. The plan was to throw the tank to the AGA this year. So some shots i made for that.

But here are 2 others which i would like to share with you. The tank matured nicely.

3843139691_ecd7a93ca6.jpg

3843140681_4b4238a2b1.jpg

For larger shots please visit my flickr page.

I used the default ADA lamp with 2 extra t8 lights as a backlight. This helped a lot on the contrast and the nicer effect.

looking great viktor.

the lighting on the images looks good too. i know how difficult photographing moss is...for me at least. the darkness of moss can make things difficult in getting the right exposure.

Hi Viktor,
Great little tank you got.... congrats :clap:

BTW, which mosses you currently have in this nano?

Thanks guys for the nice words. ;) Maybe this is not be best momentum of the tank, but without running out of time i wanted to have a clean shot.

BTW, which mosses you currently have in this nano?

On the woods i used Taxiphyllum barbieri (Vesicularia) which is growing very fast, so i have to prune weekly.
But have a bunch of Xmass Moss and Fissidens on the front right.

The room in which the nano lives in is quite cool too. Modern looking with a person's attention focused on the tank. :thumbup:

George, thanks for your nice words, this is really kindly from you. :)

somehow i fallen love with these moss tanks they looks so natural in the NA Gallery. I decided to make a similar green natural tank for my larger tank too. That is 240 liter one ;) the plants are on its way, so hopefully i can share that shortly too on another journal.

viktorlantos said:
somehow i fallen love with these moss tanks they looks so natural in the NA Gallery

so true.

Amano has taken on a new look.

i've recently bought amanos book "suikei" the look of his works then (2000) to now is so radically different.

both styles look amazing, but the look he has now is IMO the most natural he's done.that said, "suikei" contains some of the best tanks i've ever seen :wideyed: i did mutter out loud @ TGM when i flicked through the pages

look forward to a new journal Viktor :D

in the past weeks a few things happened. i had to remove the HC from the left side of the tank.

Added in some Utricularia G. to fill that space but this is just melted. so the 2nd fail in this nano with the UG.
Will find some HC probably to fill again the left side.

Had some artistic shot over the weekend on our cabinet. I thought i share it with you guys.

4019774142_7c8838677b.jpg

4019775030_310dc5caa9.jpg

4021795399_fe6fd21cb3.jpg

4022558756_d886ca9eaa.jpg

4022560590_43574a8990.jpg

4021808051_edb11553a0.jpg

4021806939_25bfec1da4.jpg

for large res check my flickr page.

Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing this featured in PFK soon... ;)

The ADA Mini-M and related gear really does look special, and with your skills you have done it justice indeed.

Shame about the UG - so many people have the same troubles.

Keep up the great work, Viktor! You're doing Hungary proud.

Hey Viktor, The tank looks amazing, really stunning i am big fan of moss (just not the pruning and tidying up!)

Can you tell me what the plant is front right, looks like some sort of hair grass?

Looking forward to seeing you feature in PFK!

Andy

Back