• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

mercury vapor - your thoughts?

well up untill yesterday i was accidentally running 10 hrs :wideyed: on a brand new tank with aquasoil :rolleyes: only had a bit of algae so checked it straight away and i'd set the timers up wrong, doh. I'm gonna run one for 8 hrs and the other for about 5 hrs in the middle, i'll see how it goes. I've got pretty high hopes.
I recon will all the equipment, ferts and lighting i have plus good maintenance it'll be a stunner for sure :D doh, now ive jinxed it hey :rolleyes:

Thats a lovely idea, i've got a load of red stems in there already or on order so great minds think alike i say ;)
The color of the hardscape will really lend it's self to an autumn theme. You've got me thinking now and i've just cemented the name for the scape, nice one!

Dan Crawford said:
Thats a lovely idea, i've got a load of red stems in there already or on order so great minds think alike i say ;)
The color of the hardscape will really lend it's self to an autumn theme. You've got me thinking now and i've just cemented the name for the scape, nice one!

Fossilized wood Dan?

Really good looking pendants. What sort of heat do they give off?

jay said:
Fossilized wood Dan?
Fossilised wood - the greatest piece of hardscape that money can buy i recon. TGM have loads, get down there and grab some before it all goes LOL. And yes, that what's in there lol.

The MV's are warm i must say but i don't heat my tank so it's kinda benificial, if i feel it getting a bit hot i'll just raise them up ;)

Can't wait to get up there, convinced my girl to spend a weekend up that way. Bit far for a day trip where I am.
Think I would happily bankrupt myself there though :)
Need to teach myself some self control before I go.

Soon as You said about autumn I thought of fossilized wood, something about that stuff and red stems that just look.... awesome :D

Back