• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micranthemum Monte Carlo

klolyn

What's the best way to secure this to the substrate? i have quatered the received bunch and am having a snag keeping it in place. if its not the fish checking it out it the water flow dislodging it.....

Keith

If it’s anything like HC Cuba, you need to be brave and plant it quite deep into the substrate. Don’t worry about burying some stems; so long as some of the leaves are protruding it’ll be alright.

Ok. Thanks. Will do. Had it almost buried through frustration, but pulled it out thinking that’s surely going to die like that...!

I hate having to plant MC in an already flooded tank. I've had to do it again an hour ago, so i know how frustrating it can be. The best way is to use tweezers in one hand and turkey baster in the other. Plant the MC deep with your tweezer hand, then use the turkey baster tip to push/hold down the MC as you slowly bring the tweezers out.

I think the key is to plant it deep and trust that it will take off and not die, because it will take off given the correct light, CO2, ferts and flow.

Its an invasive plant, and will get a foot hold and spread no problem.

Back